• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PL Tones and Courtesy/Roger Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHOP

So, I have my F-6021 UHF radio programmed with all of the channels that I need. I have a few repeater channels that require a PL tone, however I do not see a field in the channel programming page where I can insert a PL tone. Also, I would like the radio to transmit a courtesy beep, or a roger beep at the end of each transmission when I release the microphone key, but again, I do not see a page in my programming software where I can make that happen. If anyone can point this rookie in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

evfd1625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; DROID RAZR Build/6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think Icom calls their field for ctcss "enc" and "Dec". Might see if those are there.

CCHLLM

The subtone fields are the 7th and 8th columns, the two between "SQL Tight" and "Text" with "C. Tone" as a header.

A double click on the tone fields gives you a drop-down to select the correct CTCSS (PL) tone or you can choose to write it in.

DTCS has to be written in.

If you enter a tone freq in the RX column, it assumes the TX tone is the same and will place an arrow in the TX column. If the TX is different, click once on the TX field and write in the DTCS, or double click and choose the correct CTCSS (PL)>

FHOP

The subtone fields are the 7th and 8th columns, the two between "SQL Tight" and "Text" with "C. Tone" as a header.

A double click on the tone fields gives you a drop-down to select the correct CTCSS (PL) tone or you can choose to write it in.

DTCS has to be written in.

If you enter a tone freq in the RX column, it assumes the TX tone is the same and will place an arrow in the TX column. If the TX is different, click once on the TX field and write in the DTCS, or double click and choose the correct CTCSS (PL)>

I found it there. Thanks.

cr327

Courtesy Tone Help

You can do a roger like beep via dtmf thru log off / log in setup. PM me for additional details.

Hi hope you can assist me I have been trying to program a courtesy tone on my IC-F6021 radio but with little success.
I understand the "Log off " section but am unsure of the other settings elsewhere in the software, I am using the registered version CS-F5021 software.

I would appreciate any help with the other steps necessary to get this working if it's possible on this radio, this forum is the only one that seems to have info on this subject.

Peter.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
In MEMORY CHANNEL | Zone# | Ch# | Log select "L-OFF"
In MEMORY CHANNEL | Zone# | Ch# | Signaling | Log-out select "DTMF"
In DTMF | DTMF Autodial | Log/ID enter a single digit. Whatever you put here will go out as a DTMF string according to the timing in DTMF Setting.

That should do it.

cr327

In MEMORY CHANNEL | Zone# | Ch# | Log select "L-OFF"
In MEMORY CHANNEL | Zone# | Ch# | Signaling | Log-out select "DTMF"
In DTMF | DTMF Autodial | Log/ID enter a single digit. Whatever you put here will go out as a DTMF string according to the timing in DTMF Setting.

That should do it.

Thanks for the reply unfortunately my software does not have Signalling logout "DTMF" available, only "5T, BIIS, & MDC".

Also not available in DTMF Autodial Log/ID not present in the software.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
OH! Look in "Model" (Menu Bar) and PMR will be checked, not LMR. Dandy. Don't change it!

In Memory Channel:
-Set Log-In/Out to L-OFF
-Set Signalling to 5T - 5T - 5T
-Set 5Tone Signaling | Form to EIA
-Set 5Tone Signaling | ID to 28
-Do this for every channel line you want a beep.

On the left bar, open 5Tone | TX Code CH
-In TX Code for Line 28 put in 3 (you only want a single beep, not five tones)

That will add a single EIA Digit "3" blip at 1,023Hz to the end of every PTT on that channel.

Last edited:

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Call me 'unprofessional' but there is a place for short and to the point beeps. Here are my two commonly programmed examples.

1. As a LOG-IN sequence for a repeated system where users have the habit of talking before the system is repeating. They 'have' to wait for the '&$%$#^%' beep before they can talk, or are reminded that they should of.

Users still gripe and moan because they can't be bothered to wait 0.185 seconds, preferring to repeat their message threeorfourtimesrealfast instead of saying it one time clearly. Example: one particular user often calls 'Evan-Oh', or at least that's what we all hear. In reality he is saying 'Eight-Seven-Two from Eight-Seven-Oh', but the first part never goes out.

2. Butt dialing. Having that irritating beep as a LOG-OUT also tells you that you just keyed up. Useful for realizing that you really didn't mean to. Or that your fire-glove-encased finger just slipped off the PTT button.

In both instances, the blips identify the radio (ANI), so we can figure out who the offender is.

And why is this considered a bad practice on stupid old analog, but the norm for 'Cutting Edge Advanced' trunking systems where you must hear a 'Happy-Chirp' before you can talk? Same concept for the guy at the wet end of the hose, isn't it?

cr327

Thanks' a lot jeatock it works a treat very pleased, I have been searching other forums for ages for info on this subject should have came here sooner thanks again.

Peter.

rapidcharger

Hey I was just making a joke. The Icoms signalling is highly configuring and you literally could program it to sing a custom diddy and adjust the tone frequencies. I wasn't saying you should or shouldn't, just that it's nice that you could if you so desired.
I set my radios to have a tone sequence at the log-in to force me to wait before transmitting which is useful on a linked repeater system that I use daily. I went with "La Cucaracha" for my talk permit tone.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Hey I was just making a joke. The Icoms signalling is highly configuring and you literally could program it to sing a custom diddy and adjust the tone frequencies. I wasn't saying you should or shouldn't, just that it's nice that you could if you so desired.
I set my radios to have a tone sequence at the log-in to force me to wait before transmitting which is useful on a linked repeater system that I use daily. I went with "La Cucaracha" for my talk permit tone.

My personal favorite is Margueritaville ... :)

xccess

OH! Look in "Model" (Menu Bar) and PMR will be checked, not LMR. Dandy. Don't change it!

In Memory Channel:
-Set Log-In/Out to L-OFF
-Set Signalling to 5T - 5T - 5T
-Set 5Tone Signaling | Form to EIA
-Set 5Tone Signaling | ID to 28
-Do this for every channel line you want a beep.

On the left bar, open 5Tone | TX Code CH
-In TX Code for Line 28 put in 3 (you only want a single beep, not five tones)

That will add a single EIA Digit "3" blip at 1,023Hz to the end of every PTT on that channel.

my must be different..where do i put my

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 768
Status
Not open for further replies.