• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Factory Reset On F70DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bvfd041

I Was Wondering By Using The Software Is There A Way To Wipe Out Everything And Do A Factory Reset On F70DS. Think Mine Be Having A Possible Glitch In It I Was Able To Monitor Our Local Fire Department That Is P25 Well As Of Yesterday I Was Unable To Hear Let Alone Transmit To Them Not TO Sure What Is Causing It But Was Curious If The Factory Reset Could Take Care Of This Issue Or Is It Something More Critical. Any help would be helpful think you. the software is version 1.2 and the radio firmware is1.5

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Very simple. Read the radio and save the file for future reference. Open a new, blank file and enter all new data. Any new file starts out with factory defaults.

Bvfd041

Ok I Done It Just Like You Told Me After Programming The Unit From Scratch I tried to transmit plus receive on digital and nothing so i am not to sure what could cause the problem

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Ok I Done It Just Like You Told Me After Programming The Unit From Scratch I tried to transmit plus receive on digital and nothing so i am not to sure what could cause the problem

When you say 'nothing" do you mean no RF at all, or RF what cannot be decoded by another P25 radio? What are you listening on- another P25 radio, fixed infrastructure like a base or repeated system, scanner, etc? Is it possible that the 2nd receiver is only accepting a particular NAC or talkgroup? Encryption?

Does the radio transmit in plain old analog?

Is it possible that you have a blown final power amp- i.e. the radio is transmitting at 0.01 watts exciter power only and the PA isn't boosting it up to 4~5 watts?

If there is no RF at all, its starting to look like a trip to Icom Chicago repair.

Can you download a different, working F70DS and try that icf file in your radio?

Did the radio ever function properly? If so, what changed to make it fail? Was the failure all at once or gradual?

Bvfd041

Icom F70DS

It Worked Fine And Then All Of A Sudden It Just Quit Receiving Any P25 And It Wont Transmit P25 However It Receives And Transmits Analog Perfectly. And It Excepts all other files fine just not the P25 traffic

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
It Worked Fine And Then All Of A Sudden It Just Quit Receiving Any P25 And It Wont Transmit P25 However It Receives And Transmits Analog Perfectly. And It Excepts all other files fine just not the P25 traffic

Looks like a physical problem. Icom's central US factory warranty/repair station is:

AJR International
300 Regency Drive
Glendale Heights, IL 60139

Phone (800) 232 - 3965

Call them first.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.