• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom F50V 2 tone decode problem, please help.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTS3000_AES

I have recently purchased 2 Icom F50v VHF radios with Minitor Mode firmware in them.

These are the vibrate/stored voice models.

I cannot seem to get them to decode a 2tone frequency.

All I need them to decode is standard motorola tone of 483.5 (all call). I believe it is standard 7 second

I have programmed these like I have done all of the other icoms in the past, and they wont alert for any reason.

Does someone maybe have a check list of what needs to be enabled or disabled, or what needs to be set for these to work correctly, or possibly a screen shot of what I need to do?

I need these up and running very soon, so any help would be appreciated.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Step 1 - make sure the channel is set up to receive the 2 Tone, this is under the memory channel - 2 Tone - RX C. Number, it should be set to receive the corresponding 2 Tone as programmed in 2 Tone Ch Code.

Step 2 - Make sure the right 2 Tone freq is set up to detect in 2 Tone - Code Ch - if you want it to trigger as a Group then program which tone to trigger as a Group Call

Step 3 - In the RXCode Setting, make sure Tone Code comparison is ON/Off accordingly - look for CTCSS or not. And if you want it to trigger as a group - make sure the Group Setting timer is set accordingly - how long does the tone have to be in order to be declared a Group Call.

If you need any additional help past this, I'll ask that you post or send me you .icf file so that I can see your exact setup.

If you haven't noticed already, this radio is a great replacement for the Minitor V pagers as it does all the same functions in addition to being a full fledged radio...

Good luck!

Jerry (W2GLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.