RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 8:51 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default F43GS Bank question

How do i program a key to change banks. I selected a key for BANK and it shows me the current zone name however i cant go up or down in the list of 5 banks in the radio.

Any suggestions.

Frank
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

After you press the Bank key, you scroll through the banks using the CH Up and Down keys, then press Bank again to switch to the bank you selected.

I usually assign both CH Up and Down to the two buttons below the PTT, but you can get away with only one if you are running short of programmable keys.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

thanks for that.. I got it figured out. Now wished they had a bank up or down selection to make it easier. Hate when it a two step process to change banks.

Also is there a way to add mdc-1200 to a radio that does not seem to have it. Would it require a firmware update. I am running the latest software 2.3 which supports programming mdc1200

Frank
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 PM

Depending on the EXECT model of radio, MDC is build into the hardware and may not be available.

Even thru specs for any radio may say that an option is AVALABLE, does not mean that the radio came with it.

The best thing to do is call ICOM tech support, give them the model number, they can look it up and tell you when the radio was made and what the ablities are.