• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Got my Icom A14 in today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my New Icom A14 Radio today! Now when i am Volunteering Helping At the airfield i can Talk to the Pilots and aircrafts on the Unicom

Though its Going to Take some Time to get used to the Radio Lots of learning to do Still I just finished learning how to Program Channels into memory bank next i need to Learn how to add Names to the channel So i Know By Tag Whos Talking

And when i Goto Airshows I can Take It So i dont need my scanner all the time Though I still Will have it in with my Camera Just if i wanna See What The PD or FD is doing in the Area .......

Does anyone here know of a Video which Shows How to Program the Alpha tags?? I am trying to follow the Handbook though its not working out for me as of yet

lep

got my New Icom A14 Radio today! Now when i am Volunteering Helping At the airfield i can Talk to the Pilots and aircrafts

That sounds a little scary to me! At small airports, like my own, "Pilots and aircrafts" depend on Unicom for traffic safety of life advisories when arriving/departing the airfield, the last thing they need is to hear from "volunteer helpers."

when they have me Towing Planes for the airshow Down the runway They Want You to talk to air boss and let aircraft Know that Your on the runway towing Planes to the Airshow area and do to there is No taxi ways here You gotta be on the runway ....

majoco

Stirrer
They Want You to talk to air boss and let aircraft Know that Your on the runway

I think you may have your priorities a bit wrong. You ask the "Air Boss" (?) if you can tow an aircraft down the runway, He tells you what to do, you repeat back to him what you have been told to do, and you do it. You tell him when you are clear of the runway. You do NOT talk to the aircraft.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
got my New Icom A14 Radio today! Now when i am Volunteering Helping At the airfield i can Talk to the Pilots and aircrafts on the Unicom

Be certain you are authorized to talk with them. You can get in a lot of trouble, very quickly, plus endanger an aircraft/aircrew.

Sent via Tapatalk

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Being this is a transceiver it doesn't fit in to the ICOM Receivers forum so I'm moving it out.

Since this radio is neither amateur nor consumer in nature it would be a thread restricted to the Commercial & Professional category only.

Status
Not open for further replies.