RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 9:52 AM

Default IC-F210 no AF out...

Hi Guys,

Recently resurrected an Icom IC-F210 440-490MHz LMR radio that had been reverse polarity connected and fried. Replaced the voltage regulators and the unit seemed OK. Programmed it up and onto the test bench. Radio TX's just fine but no audio out at all (including no BEEP and no EXT speaker).

The "BUSY INDICATOR" is constantly lit whether a signal is present or not. If I do TX into the radio with another unit the signal strength indicator lights up but still no audio out. Programming is pretty clean, no CTCSS or other tones and I've tried every combination of AF MIN and RF Squelch I can think of.

It's starting to look like a fault in the receiver with the BUSY IND always on - anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Based on what you describe, I would say audio processor. VERY smal smd.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:27 AM

Thanks - I was initially thinking it was the 5W Audio amp but that wouldn't explain the CHAN BUSY indicator. Someone else suggested it might be a ceramic crystal - I think both the crystal and audio processors are located close to the 8V and 5V regulators and they popped with a fair bit of heat so it may be those components.

Probably best just flogging the radio to someone who wants it for the TX half of a repeater and buying a new one!