RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default IC-F50 programming issue

trying to change the programming on this radio. The software reads the radio, uploads the codeplug, and shows that it is receiving the new codeplug. However, once the new codeplug is uploaded I get a "no answer from radio" msg, and the radio shows a error code of either "clone ng" "clone013" or "clone059"

Any Ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2013, 2:39 PM

Without having the service manuals in front of me, and having not worked with Icom gear in about 10 years I'd venture a few guesses based on my experiences:

Likely, the programming software and the radio firmware are not compatible. Best way to address this is to call Icom and give them the specifics. The firmware and serial number of the radio and the software version level will be needed. Icom can tell you if you need a different software version, new radio firmware, or both.

Maybe someone with some more recent Icom experience can confirm or deny that. Either way, Icom has a toll free number and they should be able to answer the software/firmware version question pretty quick.
Old 12-28-2013, 2:43 PM

Check and make sure that you are not using CS-f50v software unless you have an ICOM F50v model, also make sure that you have the correct model selected under the model tab in the software.

Sent from my C570 using this tapatalk machinery
Old 12-28-2013, 2:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I didnt even look at the model, because I read the codeplug, then made the changes, so I figured the model would have been already correct.....I'll check that.