RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial and Professional Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 8:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Icom F-4061T for mixed mode?

Purchased an Icom F-4061T off Ebay earlier this week. Got the radio programmed today, but when we did, we have found that with the software CS-F3060 V 1.2 and latest firmware 1.8 their is no option to turn on scanning function of the radio, also there is no ability to label channels as mixed mode they have to be either digital or analog in each bank. Anyone know if there is a work around or solution for this problem?

I see in the specs sheets and manual that it says the radio should scan as well as be able to do mixed mode.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2014, 9:08 PM

You should be able to assign the scan function to one of the front panel pushbuttons. A quick touch should start the scan. A long press should allow access to the different scan lists. I can't help on the mixed mode as my radios don't have the option boards.

Bob
Old 04-18-2014, 9:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hmmm I wonder if we need to do something different scan is not listed as a button we can assign when we were assigning. Might have to make sure everthing is correct software wise.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifn2 View Post
Purchased an Icom F-4061T off Ebay earlier this week. Got the radio programmed today, but when we did, we have found that with the software CS-F3060 V 1.2 and latest firmware 1.8 their is no option to turn on scanning function of the radio, also there is no ability to label channels as mixed mode they have to be either digital or analog in each bank. Anyone know if there is a work around or solution for this problem?

I see in the specs sheets and manual that it says the radio should scan as well as be able to do mixed mode.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
The 4061 will not scan in digital mode, when you setup the radio for "LMR digital" it disables the scan function radio wide.

The 4061 does not support mixed mode operation either, these are early (1st generation) iDAS radios, if you want one that supports scan and mixed mode, you'll need to move up to a newer radio such as an 4161 or 4261. Nor does it support encryption (not that this is an issue for ham radio)

iDAS was just born back in 2005 when these hit the market, 99 percent of them don't even have the UT-119 installed. Be lucky you got that the board alone is $200 if you can find it.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

V1.2 is the last version of the 4061 software.

Under SCAN|Scan List, I use M3(R.Sel), which is scan, with priority and Tx on the rotary selected channel. Turn text off (blank) to see scan progression.

Digital disables scan in the 4061. The 4161 is a different radio and will do scan any way you want it.

My standard setup in Key & Display is:
Emer- Lock
Side 1- Moni
Side 2- CH Up (Up/Dn is used for User Set Mode adjustments and Zone Selection
Side 3- CH Down
P0- Scan B Start/Stop (Scan A has issues restarting after PTT)
Hold;P0- accesses scan list selection.
P1- Scan Add/Del
P2- Zone
P3- User Set Mode (access Common|Set mode from the radio)