• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F4011 Programming options...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbybob

I have an F-4011 radio and am wondering exactly what options are available to be set thru the programming software. Icom seems rather stingy with info and I guess want you to "buy it so you can see what it does", kinda like Pelosi and Obamacare lol. Could anyone post a list of the parameters that can be changed, so I can figure out if I want to invest in their precious CD and cable?

Thanks in advance!

12dbsinad

Not sure what kind of features you're curious in as to what it does, but the CPS can change lots of parameters in the radio. Besides frequencies and the like, it can change option buttons, scan list, types of scan, mic gain settings, squelsh settings, min volume, and the list goes on and on. If there is a particular feature you are wondering about, it would help.

bobbybob

Thanks for your response, it was helpful. I am interested in everything that can be changed. I was hoping maybe someone who bought the software could see a listing of these items in the instructions that could be screen-snagged and emailed or published, but I am probably kidding myself since Icom is so danged mysterious about anything and everything except how to turn them on and change the channels. One thing I am curious about is the repeater-capable parameters and what can be changed pertaining to this feature.

cabletech

I am very familiar with this radio, as I deal with over 200 in rental service and another couple hundred for customers.

Icom software is actually easier to use then some others. If you have a question about an item, just do a an F1 on that item and it will bring up the help file.

You are really veg in your questions/commits about items. Like, what parameters in the repeater-capable?

What is it you are trying to do with this radio?

bobbybob

I appreciate your response. As mentioned in the original post, I have not yet purchased this software.

bobbybob

The radios are used for 2-way communication between motorcyclists. But I don't KNOW exactly what I want to change, because I don't know WHAT can be changed. Its pretty simple---if someone with the software would be kind enough to post a screen grab or listing of the parameters that can be set, it would be greatly appreciated. But if the Icom "info police" are going to bust you for doing this, please don't. lol

Thanks!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
But I don't KNOW exactly what I want to change, because I don't know WHAT can be changed.

I would suggest that if you do not know what can be changed, then you have no need to be messing with the software, making changes you do not understand.

But if the Icom "info police" are going to bust you for doing this, please don't. lol

Thanks!

There are no Icom police.

bobbybob

I would suggest that if you do not know what can be changed, then you have no need to be messing with the software, making changes you do not understand.

I would suggest that if you don't have anything positive to add, that you go pound sand.

svfd17

ere7apyr.jpg

Sent from a rotary phone

mule1075

Feed Provider
I would suggest that if you don't have anything positive to add, that you go pound sand.
That attitude is more than likely why you are not getting any positive responses.What exactly do you need commercial radios for on your bike runs for?Reason I ask is I am heavily involved in 2 runs a year of anywhere between 800 and 1200.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Check the 'tude dude. Seriously. Almost every aspect of the radio can be modified. If you have no understanding of what the parameters of the radio are, and do, you really need to let someone that knows what they are doing either do it, or teach you hands on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Check the 'tude dude. Seriously. Almost every aspect of the radio can be modified. If you have no understanding of what the parameters of the radio are, and do, you really need to let someone that knows what they are doing either do it, or teach you hands on.

Also, EVERYTHING can be changed, modified, or adjusted...

12dbsinad

I would suggest you drop the attitude. Everyone here is trying to help you, but when you ask such a vague question about something that really no one can answer, and keep going on with that question, what do you expect? If you can't go into further details on what you want to "change" than I will consider this another useless post taking up space on RR's server.

bobbybob

My original question, in the *original post* (anyone reading that?) was asking if someone had--or would be willing to post--a 'list' of all the F4011 programming parameters---I did not ask for help with programming and don't need it but thanks for the offers. This is really pretty straight-forward and simple.

12db, thanks for your earlier post, it did contain some relevant points and I have since ordered the software and cable.

Mule, I use "commercial radios" programmed to the GMRS freqs because they are so much better than the cheap consumer radios. Is there some reason I should not be doing this?

svfd, thats the most bizarre comparison I have ever read. I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Was it meant to be racist?

kayn--when you come across as a condescending blowhard, then yes I suddenly get a "tude". dude.

Yall have a great day!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
My original question, in the *original post* (anyone reading that?) was asking if someone had--or would be willing to post--a 'list' of all the F4011 programming parameters---

Almost every aspect of the radio is 'adjustable' really, if you do not understand why this is, you really should not be messing with it. What is adjustable is pretty much like every other 16ch, no display LMR radio, in the same 'class' as the IC-4011.

This is really pretty straight-forward and simple.

No it is not. The list would be huge, and if you have any programming experience you would not be asking these kind of questions.

svfd, thats the most bizarre comparison I have ever read. I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Was it meant to be racist?

Not racist at all. It's the stupidity of saying you want to make adjustments but do not know what you can adjust. Pretty vague, hence the replies you got.

kayn--when you come across as a condescending blowhard, then yes I suddenly get a "tude". dude.

And when you come across with something so vague you get answers like you got.

Yall have a great day!

You too. And when you can actually express what you need to 'adjust' we will be able to actually give you thoughtful answers.

bobbybob

...when you can actually express what you need to 'adjust' we will be able to actually give you thoughtful answers.

Once I can actually see what I need to adjust, I will simply adjust it and be done with it---why the hell would I come back here to ask for "help" from a bunch of narcissistic pinheads? lol

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Why the hell would I come back here to ask for "help" from a bunch of narcissistic pinheads? lol

Personally, with your attitude, i would not come back and ask for help, you are likely NOT going to get much when you resort to name calling. Good luck making your 'adjustments'... LoL.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Hopefully this will suffice...

MEMORY CH
Free – Atr, Inh, Frequency RX, TX, TX Inh, W/N, SQL Tight, C. Tone RX, TX, TOT, RF PWR, PWR Save, Lock-out, Scan, Auto Reset.

CONTINUOUS TONE
Continuous Tone Setting - Tone Burst, CTCSS Reverse Burst Timer, User CTCSS Freq, TX DTCS Inverse, RX DTCS Inverse.

SCAN
Scan List – Scan Type, Primary CH, TX CH, TX Action, Cancel CH, PWR Save.

Scan Setting – Timer Stop, Resume, Talk Back, Fast Scan, Slow Scan, Power on Scan, Talk Back Timer Beep.

COMMON
Key & Display – Key Upper, Lower, Remote Mic Function, Mic Up, Mic Down, Mic A, Mic B, Beep Opening, Low Freq, High Freq, Selection RF Power, Move to Prio A Ch Power SW ON

Set Mode – Value Beep On, SQL Level

Common – Clone Comment 1 &2, Security Transceiver Data Out, Auto Reset Timer A, Timer B, TOT/Lockout TOT Timer, Penalty Timer, TOT Beep, Lockout Penalty Timer, PWR Save Start Timer 1, Start Timer 2, Low Battery 1 Beep, Periods, TX End, Low Battery 2 Beep, Periods, TX End, Beat Cancel, Battery Type, SQL Tight Offset

Status
Not open for further replies.