• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IDAS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffm77

Does IDAS use RAN codes?

Does IDAS systems use a RAN code? I am monitoring a system that is using IDAS but my software does not display a RAN number. It also displays group call, TG # 33554433, but no ran code and when i program that tg into my radio, which is a icom F4262, the software changes the TG # to a different number. The freq is 463.450, IDAS site 13. Oh, i am decoding with dsd+. Thanks all

rapidcharger

They can. But they don't have to. And you don't need to use a RAN in order to monitor NXDN/Idas conventional.

As for the talkgroup changing, I don't have the software open in front of me but if my memory serves me, there is a separate list to input your talkgroup number and in the frequency table you select the list number rather than input the talkgroup ID there. Is that what you're looking at?

jeffm77

i think the frequency i am trying to program into my radio is conventional. I tried to use tg 65535 with a ran of 0 and 1, and get nothing. On my software, under the digital folder, I have individual talkgroups and a tab called talkgroup and individual setting and talk group setting. I have an Icom F4262. Program software is CS-F3160, if that helps.

jeffm77

Can anyone tell me if there us a specific talkgroup number on an IDAS system for a "groupcall"? I have a Icom 4262D radio and was told that it was TG#65500, but I am not sure if that is Kenwood only and if Icom has there own TG for a group call.

jeffm77

ok I am monitoring a system here in southwest Pennsylvania on 463. 450 a gas company out of Washington County they are operating on a idas system. I am listening to it through dsd plus dsoftware. It shows a group call of 3355443. when I go to program that into my digital radio programming software the software kicks that talk group out and changes it to something else. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm wondering if that's a bug in DSD+... I believe the highest talkgroup # allowed is 65535.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber

jeffm77

I found out that the frequency i want to monitor is a ltr single site trunked system. I was told the tg for a group call is 2407. I put 2407 in my radio but get nothing. I programmed it in as a new zone and changed it from conventional to ltr single-site trunked. programming this radio is really frustrating I don't know what I'm doing wrong

jeffm77

is anyone familiar with the programming software for the icom 4262 radio? I wonder if I'm entering the talk groups wrong and is it necessary to program in radio IDs I was told that radio IDs were primarily for transmittingnot for receive purpose only. but I noticed on DSD plus for some systems I get a talk group of an example 1 - 2 how do you program a talk group into the software 01-02 because when I tried to enter that into the talk group table the software just changed it to it too a 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.