• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F50V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue20

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

I'm trying to program a F50V with paging tones and I'm having trouble with it. I put the A and B tones in and when it trips it only trips at the end of the tone and not the entire tone. Is there a way I can get it to alert during the entire tone like a Minitor 5 Pager ?

Thank you in Advnace!
RJB

Firefighter6940

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

I'm trying to program a F50V with paging tones and I'm having trouble with it. I put the A and B tones in and when it trips it only trips at the end of the tone and not the entire tone. Is there a way I can get it to alert during the entire tone like a Minitor 5 Pager ?

Thank you in Advnace!
RJB

Yes, check the 2nd tone duration in your two tone settings.. Set it to the lowest it'll go, and it should alert like a minitor.

Firefighter6940

Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you! So set the 2nd part to 0?

0.5 somewhere around there.. Just mess with the settings until you get something you like. If you have another radio, just use a murs channel on low settings, and set off the F50V until you get settings you like. It'll be the 2nd Tone Duration or something like that.

Firefighter6940

Premium Subscriber
No problem! If you need anything else just let me know! I'm not that familiar with the F50v, but it can't be that much different from the IC-F70

cabletech

Setting up any device to act as a pager requires that you know what the exact timing is of the tones that are being sent.

Each tone has a certain time duration and there is also a certain time between each tone.

If you do not have this "timing" correct, the device will never alert.

Do you have the ability to make contact with the system radio tech's for the correct tones and timing?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Setting up any device to act as a pager requires that you know what the exact timing is of the tones that are being sent.

Each tone has a certain time duration and there is also a certain time between each tone.

If you do not have this "timing" correct, the device will never alert.

Do you have the ability to make contact with the system radio tech's for the correct tones and timing?

Not entirely correct. I have several radios and DO NOT have the exact timing or tones from the system admin or radio tech, however, my radios alert every time the tones are sent. One thing I've learned is that the tones can be slightly off and still alert. I used my 346xt to find the tones, and use them in every radio I have. All the radios alert just fine.

Rescue20, I have my F60v set to 0.3 on the 2nd tone. Works pretty well.

RADIOGUY2002

TWO SETTINGS

I was told anything between 0.50 to 0.80 will almost always result in activation. The statement works fine for all my five two toned departments that I opt to listen two in a pager like fashion

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I was told anything between 0.50 to 0.80 will almost always result in activation. The statement works fine for all my five two toned departments that I opt to listen two in a pager like fashion

This is true. The setting on the second tone will result in the time you hear the second tone before or after alert. Longer time equals more time the second tone is heard (ie: at 2.00 you would hear all of the second tone and the alert would come after).

I've found that setting the 2nd tone at 0.3 with a fixed duration on the ringer of 3.00 seems to be closest to a pager. I'm very happy that the F50v/F60v software allows us to change these settings to fine tune to our liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.