• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F4161DT - Changing the proceed tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to change the proceed tone when transmitting on the F4161DT.

When transmitting on conventional digial, the proceed tone sequence is "beep beep." On conventional analog, the only way I know to set a proceed tone is by enabling MDC. The proceed tone is also "beep beep."

The reason I'm looking for a proceed tone on conventional is for an audible remember to give a break before talking away. And ahem, to prevent any embarrassing hot mics.

Don't care so much for the double beep and was wondering if it could be charged to a single beep or something else.

Thanks.

rapidcharger

Are you wanting this for analog or digital?
If it's for digital, on that model I don't know of a way to change the beep beep to something else. On other icom models, I seem to remember there are different beeps, usually it's a long one or a short one or a short double beep.
If it's for analog, you can get pretty creative with the 5 tone signalling setting up a custom tone (doesn't have to be 5 tones) and you can also set up the timing and delay you like. This is also audible to other receiving stations however. It's not just a sidetone on the radio. If you wanted to use it in conjunction with MDC, you can actually do that on these and by default there is a delay that you might be happy with if you use 5 tone and MDC on the BOT/PRE. Again, that's for analog. For digital I think you're stuck with the nextelish beep beep.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Are you wanting this for analog or digital?
If it's for digital, on that model I don't know of a way to change the beep beep to something else. On other icom models, I seem to remember there are different beeps, usually it's a long one or a short one or a short double beep.
If it's for analog, you can get pretty creative with the 5 tone signalling setting up a custom tone (doesn't have to be 5 tones) and you can also set up the timing and delay you like. This is also audible to other receiving stations however. It's not just a sidetone on the radio. If you wanted to use it in conjunction with MDC, you can actually do that on these and by default there is a delay that you might be happy with if you use 5 tone and MDC on the BOT/PRE. Again, that's for analog. For digital I think you're stuck with the nextelish beep beep.

I though so. For work it wouldn't be a big deal for other radios to hear my signaling. But on HAM radio in my area there's already too much beep boop beep garbage so I'll leave it be.

Thanks!

rapidcharger

I though so. For work it wouldn't be a big deal for other radios to hear my signaling. But on HAM radio in my area there's already too much beep boop beep garbage so I'll leave it be.

Thanks!

You can set up the timing so that most, if not all the signalling is transmitted before the repeater keys up. It's going to take some trial and error though.

Status
Not open for further replies.