• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CS-F2000 Programming Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

masonb

Hello fellow RR users,

I recently acquired an Icom F1000T & can program conventional frequencies easily enough, but when I get a little deeper down the rabbit hole, I get lost fast. Basically what I need (I coordinate construction vehicles on site) is a quick 'chirp' (preferably at the beginning) of my transmissions so other radio users know to listen up as there are can be many users on the frequency at any given time leading to confusion. So to get to the meat of it, I am looking for a manual or the next best thing.

Thanks in advance,

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
DTMF

The easiest way to do in that radio without using digital would be send a couple of DTMF tones.

The first thing you need to do is select L-IN under the Log entry in the channel area. This tells the radio to send a DTMF code when the radio is keyed.
LOG-IN.JPG
0B2CIowfTDVZbfkR2ajh5OGhQXzRDSXZmX1VRT2NXWktDRzQwNUQwYUFhb05BZU9tVDBVMW8

Next go to DTMF > DTMF Autodial
Enter the digit or multiple digits to make the tones. The text does not matter nor does it need to be changed.
LOG-DTMF.JPG

Last go to DTMF > DTMF Setting
Adjust the First Timer so the DTMF code does not get cut short when transmitting(user preference)

DTMF%20Timers.JPG

masonb

ScanWI,

Sadly I followed your directions without success (also the picture references did not display properly?).
I'll play around with it a bit more, I must be overlooking something simple or possibly turned on an option that is causing a bind. You wouldn't by chance happen to have a compatible .ICF file I could just change out the frequency for, order does not matter.

Also thank you for the speedy reply

12dbsinad

You could enable MDC1200 data burst on PTT push down. If the receiving radios do not have any muting enabled they would hear a nice "Squawk" before you started talking.

Settings are in the MDC section and you enable it per channel on the common screen.

Just a thought.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
ScanWI is heading you in the right direction. It's not that hard, so it must be something simple.

In all of the newer CS-F programs, a right-click on any field will bring up help for that field and link associated fields. However, sometimes the programming 'translated well from Japanese it is."

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Here are the photos I was trying to display, I have tested this on a IC-F4161, but I do not have any 1000/2000 series radios right now to try it on. You may need to make sure the the signaling is set to DTMF. If you are still not hearing the tones make sure your DTMF delay timer is long enough.

Attachments

• LOG-IN.JPG
    LOG-IN.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 791
  • LOG-DTMF.JPG
    LOG-DTMF.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 887
  • DTMF Timers.JPG
    DTMF Timers.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 825

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Ah HA!

You appear to be correctly telling the radio to sent DTMF Log/ID Code " ". If everything else is correct, the radio is doing exactly that, and sending nothing.

Try entering "19" in the Log/ID field.

Status
Not open for further replies.