• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

IC-F6061 frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

HummerMike

I got a great deal on a new IC-F6061 UHF with the remote head kit. Gonna use in my mobile. I'll use for mainly commercial frequencies. I would like to put a few 440 repeater pairs in also. The band split on this radio is the 450 - 512. I haven't received the software yet. My question is, will I be able to program in a 440 frequency with the software with this band split? I know the F6061 comes in a lower split like 400 - 470.

Thanks,
Mike

rapidcharger

I got a great deal on a new IC-F6061 UHF with the remote head kit. Gonna use in my mobile. I'll use for mainly commercial frequencies. I would like to put a few 440 repeater pairs in also. The band split on this radio is the 450 - 512. I haven't received the software yet. My question is, will I be able to program in a 440 frequency with the software with this band split? I know the F6061 comes in a lower split like 400 - 470.

Thanks,
Mike

Yes but down to a certain point.

I want to say it's something like 440.750.
Below tha, It'll read and write fine but when you go to transmit it'll just blink at you.

Great radio though. Congrats.

HummerMike

Thanks ...... just wanted to know if the software would actually program the frequency. I will need down to 441 or so. Hopefully the VCO will still lock there.

Mike

HummerMike

Good deal .... just wanted to make sure I could get the frequency put in the Radio. My lowest is 441.525. Maybe the VCO will stay locked that low.

Tks,
HummerMike

rapidcharger

Thanks ...... just wanted to know if the software would actually program the frequency. I will need down to 441 or so. Hopefully the VCO will still lock there.

Mike

Yes. It doesn't complain one bit. The clone editor software doesn't so much as tell you it's outside of the range.

Good deal .... just wanted to make sure I could get the frequency put in the Radio. My lowest is 441.525. Maybe the VCO will stay locked that low.

Tks,
HummerMike
I have several of these radios and I've actually programmed th entire 440 band, all the frequencies! In to a zone so I can momitor and so unless you go to transmit down there, you're golden.

Did you get a "d" model?

HummerMike

Yes, it is the "D" model. My lowest transmit frequency will be 446.000. Four Fourty Activity around here is pretty active. I'm really a Motorola man at heart. I really like the Mototrbo DMR UHF Ham activity.

HummerMike

rapidcharger

Yes, it is the "D" model. My lowest transmit frequency will be 446.000. Four Fourty Activity around here is pretty active. I'm really a Motorola man at heart. I really like the Mototrbo DMR UHF Ham activity.

HummerMike

Well now you can try out NXDN, which I personally prefer over dmr.

It's a solid performer and you'll like the relative simplicity.

The Main drawback to owning an icom is the lousy resale values. And from what I've read the newer radios don't yet have a narrowband waiver for hams

wa1nic

Premium Subscriber
There were some inconclusive discussions elsewhere about more recent shipments of ICOM radios not being able to do WFM.

I have personally yet to find one that would not accept the WFM selection but some people claim that they have. To be honest, I go out of my way to find old stuff so that I am certain it will do both modes.

HummerMike

Have done some programmimg on the 6061 since I have got it. It has taken any frequency I have put in it so far. Some narrow, some wide. No issues. The only issue I had was that the El chepo E-bay program cables would not work. I had to get a real Icom program cable to make the computer and radio talk. Kept getting "illegal info" with the cheap cable.

Mike

wa1nic

Premium Subscriber
After you programmed, did you try reading back out again to verify that the WFM stuck?

The thread about WFM said that it would appear to allow the WFM programming without errors, but it would ignore it and when you read back it would say NFM. If it says WFM when you read back you are good to go.

Rick

HummerMike

Hey Rick ................ Yes, I have read it back and works fine. I have one frequency on 441.??? that the VCO unlocks on receive. Put in 442.500 and the VCO locks. Will find a Service manual and see what is involved in tweaking the VCO a bit.

Mike

wa1nic

Premium Subscriber
I havnt looked for the 6061 service manual, but I had no problem finding the 5061 service manual online as a PDF.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Icom software is notoriously uncritical of what frequencies you enter into it.

You can enter VHF frequencies into a UHF radio. Or vice versa. The software doesn't error check the frequencies entered at all. The radio will even try to tune to those frequencies. At some point the VCO won't lock and the display flashes to indicate the out of lock condition.,

It's pretty dumb. But that's Icom.

Status
Not open for further replies.