• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM 1721D MDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wtxfireguy

I have been programming radios for a while now and am working on some Icom 1721D's for our department. I would like to use the MDC function, but it does not come up in the menu for my software.. am I missing something? I have it all listed in the digital menu, but all I want is simple MDC function. Can anyone give me some pointers on what I am missing or if I need different software to get this going.

12dbsinad

It's possible you are using old version software, if so, click model and you should see MDC LMR or something along those lines... Select that. It will however clear all your data out when you switch modes just FYI. You should then see MDC listed on the left column.

Wtxfireguy

So just find updated software and it should pop up? I have been using the lmr function but checked under the pmr setting and it was missing in it as well.

12dbsinad

You must be running real old CPS version then. Originally the F70/1700 series didn't have MDC capability. If the old CPS still programs the radio I'm thinking it may have old firmware in it, possibly pre MDC. If that is the case you will need to burn new firmware into the 1721. But try newer version software first. Version 2.2 CPS I believe is the latest.

12dbsinad

I would reccomend contacting the local icom land mobile dealer. They have access to all the firmware and is easily done in just a few minutes. Our dealer does all of our firmware upgrades.

Turn the radio off. Push and hold the first push button and the 4th together while powering on the radio. The revision will display on the screen followed by a bunch of other stuff. What does the revision say?

Status
Not open for further replies.