• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Reconfigure Icom PMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiddle36

Hi,

I have two Icom IC-F44GS handhelds.
As it stands, when turned on and set to same channel they do not talk to each other.

I queried the seller who has only told me they were part of a larger group that communicated directly with a base/master station and not with each other, although all could hear the master/base station transmissions.

I have the correct cable and software from here to allow me to read and clone the configuration file, but I haven't a clue as to what I'm supposed to be changing. Any help please?

I have the software labelled CS-F33G that is currently able to read and write to the radios

Thanks,
TM

LakeMan2

Odds are they were used with a repeater (base/master station). In that case they would be programed with different RX and TX frequencies. Since you can read the radios, after you read one go to the Memory CH section and see what is under the Frequency RX and TX.

Basically if you want them to talk to each other you have to program them for simplex. This means that the Freq RX and TX should be the same for the channel you want to use.

TheMiddle36

Super helpful! Thanks LakeMan2,

I've got this working now. I've programmed a few channels that do nothing but flash on the display though, does this mean the frequency is outside the capability of the radio?

Thanks,
TM

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Super helpful! Thanks LakeMan2,

I've got this working now. I've programmed a few channels that do nothing but flash on the display though, does this mean the frequency is outside the capability of the radio?

Thanks,
TM
Probably that's what the flashing means. I've seen that on other radios. Try a frequency that is close to what was originally programmed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.