• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ICOM F3161DS default codeplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Was wondering if anyone has a default codeplug for the f3161ds model vhf preferably or a plug in general where you have good pl dpl muting/reverse burst. I ask cause the unit I have was used and the person monkeyed with the plug a bit. I noticed recently another carrying one which was muting the tail and had good reverse burst on pl dpl from a kenwood, and motorola system.

Plug don't have to have anything just looking at some settings to see what got changed and compare to mine.

The ham I bought it off long ago had changed allot and was type to favor tails. I couldn't get a original plug off that person since they passed on but family had surplused most of his gear. It's been a process for a year to change settings and tinker with things. I figured I would ask and see if anyone had a plug to determine if for sure this unit simply won't mute the tail even from other icom portables direct.

BC_Scan

Im going to go out on a limb and say there is no default code plug in the software, you have to create the file than write to radio via software and specific programming cable, if you dont have you should be able to obtain easily enough compared to other major brands,
first you would read radio save that file , than go in and learn understand the existing settings, modify were required than re-write to radio, than experiment and see if that does what you need,
otherwise you have to go to a Icom dealer that is willing to program for you what you want for a modest fee.

SCPD

QRT
Looking for certain settings this model uses and what other users of said radio have those certain settings at.

I have cables and software. This is more figuring out what settings were altered as to why it will not mute pl and dpl and have a carrier tail even from other icoms.

Have played with settings various configurations over months.

Either the firmware needs to be bumped or a configuration of settings is something I'm missing or the unit has a issue itself. Only thing witg firmware is I wouldn't want to go past 4.9 due to narrow band limitations.

fontanei

Was wondering if anyone has a default codeplug for the f3161ds model vhf preferably or a plug in general where you have good pl dpl muting/reverse burst. I ask cause the unit I have was used and the person monkeyed with the plug a bit. I noticed recently another carrying one which was muting the tail and had good reverse burst on pl dpl from a kenwood, and motorola system.

Plug don't have to have anything just looking at some settings to see what got changed and compare to mine.

The ham I bought it off long ago had changed allot and was type to favor tails. I couldn't get a original plug off that person since they passed on but family had surplused most of his gear. It's been a process for a year to change settings and tinker with things. I figured I would ask and see if anyone had a plug to determine if for sure this unit simply won't mute the tail even from other icom portables direct.

-You CANNOT adjust anything on the dpl/dcs except the deviation.
-I believe the default timer for the pl reverse burst is .3 seconds. When playing around with the pl settings, I prefer to use the "no tone "option" with .5 seconds. This way I ensure that the other receiver's squelch doesn't "crash".

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.