RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > ICOM Land Mobile Radio

ICOM Land Mobile Radio - Discussion forum for ICOM land mobile radio equipment such as the IC-F series radios. Please do not post amateur radio topics here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 5:00 PM

Default ICOM F3161DS default codeplug

Was wondering if anyone has a default codeplug for the f3161ds model vhf preferably or a plug in general where you have good pl dpl muting/reverse burst. I ask cause the unit I have was used and the person monkeyed with the plug a bit. I noticed recently another carrying one which was muting the tail and had good reverse burst on pl dpl from a kenwood, and motorola system.

Plug don't have to have anything just looking at some settings to see what got changed and compare to mine.

The ham I bought it off long ago had changed allot and was type to favor tails. I couldn't get a original plug off that person since they passed on but family had surplused most of his gear. It's been a process for a year to change settings and tinker with things. I figured I would ask and see if anyone had a plug to determine if for sure this unit simply won't mute the tail even from other icom portables direct.
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2017, 1:28 PM

Im going to go out on a limb and say there is no default code plug in the software, you have to create the file than write to radio via software and specific programming cable, if you dont have you should be able to obtain easily enough compared to other major brands,
first you would read radio save that file , than go in and learn understand the existing settings, modify were required than re-write to radio, than experiment and see if that does what you need,
otherwise you have to go to a Icom dealer that is willing to program for you what you want for a modest fee.
Old 11-05-2017, 3:50 PM

Looking for certain settings this model uses and what other users of said radio have those certain settings at.

I have cables and software. This is more figuring out what settings were altered as to why it will not mute pl and dpl and have a carrier tail even from other icoms.

Have played with settings various configurations over months.

Either the firmware needs to be bumped or a configuration of settings is something I'm missing or the unit has a issue itself. Only thing witg firmware is I wouldn't want to go past 4.9 due to narrow band limitations.
Old 12-06-2017, 9:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosRio View Post
Was wondering if anyone has a default codeplug for the f3161ds model vhf preferably or a plug in general where you have good pl dpl muting/reverse burst. I ask cause the unit I have was used and the person monkeyed with the plug a bit. I noticed recently another carrying one which was muting the tail and had good reverse burst on pl dpl from a kenwood, and motorola system.

Plug don't have to have anything just looking at some settings to see what got changed and compare to mine.

The ham I bought it off long ago had changed allot and was type to favor tails. I couldn't get a original plug off that person since they passed on but family had surplused most of his gear. It's been a process for a year to change settings and tinker with things. I figured I would ask and see if anyone had a plug to determine if for sure this unit simply won't mute the tail even from other icom portables direct.
-You CANNOT adjust anything on the dpl/dcs except the deviation.
-I believe the default timer for the pl reverse burst is .3 seconds. When playing around with the pl settings, I prefer to use the "no tone "option" with .5 seconds. This way I ensure that the other receiver's squelch doesn't "crash".

I hope this helps.