PCR1000 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyking_comms

Hi,
I've decided to get back into the hobby of airband listening, so have just picked up a Icom PCR1000 at a great price. I use a netbook with windows 7. Can anyone advise any good software to use? Ideally want fast scanning rates and also good HF functions. Additionally can probe 1k be used in a emulator mode on a new netbook?
Appreciate any help or advice you can give on the PCR1000 and software options.

Cheers,

Darren

ramboton

Feed Provider
software

I use a pcr-100, so I do not know how good these other softwares are but I have seen them listed for the PCR-1000

go to groups.yahoo.com search for the group ICOMPCRBUG1 this is a group dedicated to the PCR-100 and PCR-1000 there are links to software in the group, as well as software to download.

also search for a group called PCR Remote, this is a software publisher that makes stuff for the PCR-100 and PCR-1000, his actual web site is here PCR Remote Control

good luck!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Probe1K should be able to be used via a program called DosBox. Do a search on that; there's a front end for DosBox called "D-Fend Reloaded" that makes using DosBox VERY easy. I manage the Probe Yahoogroup and there were confirmations that Probe ran in it without problems. I expect Probe1K would be no different.

TalkPCR is the best frontend for the 1000 IMHO. TrunkPCR works well too, as does the aforementioned PCR Remote. The former is no longer updated but is free, and the latter two are supported and updated regularly by the author who is an active RR member. TrunkPCR also works superbly for monitoring trunked radio systems.

skyking_comms

Thanks for the responses. Probe 1k was always recommended as being the fastest scanning software for the PCR1000, so thought I would give it a try. I remember using TalkPCR years ago, suprised its still around.

Im not interested in Trunk systems but will give PCR Remote a try.

I see there are others listed with PCR Remote like PCR Pro and PCR Mini. Does anyone have any experiences of these?

Thanks
Darren

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Not to bring back a thread from the dead... but...

I am having trouble getting my Prolific USB to Serial adaptor to work with probe1k. Even tried with dosbox but no dice.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.