RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > ICOM Receivers

ICOM Receivers A forum for the discussion of all ICOM scanning radios and receivers. Please use another appropriate forum for transceivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 8:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default R8500 and HRD question..

Hey folks, I have this R8500 that I bought online a while back for a great price. I've gotten it scanning by manually entering a few dozen freqs by hand..but I would like to use HRD to input more freqs because it is by far the most sensitive radio I now own lol..it seems to work exceptionally well in the MilAir band, plus its great with the little bit of HF listening I have tried so far.

So my question, where in HRD(Ham Radio Deluxe) do I go, to make a scan list? I have played around with it for hours, and haven't found any place to input freqs.. What am I missing here? lol.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 01-29-2013, 11:54 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

when you start HRD click on scanning tab on the top, then select scan frequencies in that tab.
Then either select +Fav or +Freq to enter the freqs you want, then you can save that scanlist or create another one from the same window

Old 01-30-2013, 2:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl2taw View Post
when you start HRD click on scanning tab on the top, then select scan frequencies in that tab.
Then either select +Fav or +Freq to enter the freqs you want, then you can save that scanlist or create another one from the same window
Ok, thanks zl2taw, I've gotten it to work like that before, but is there no way to upload that list into the receiver's memory? It seems to scan really slow when I use it this way. Plus HRD never seems to stay connected very long.