ICOM R20 reception above 960MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazz

I have a ICOM IC-R20 communications receiver and, like the radio really well. I was wondering if anybody has had any luck receiving any signals on the R20 above 960MHz ??? If so, what kinds of signals and waht frequencies were used.

I have had mine for a while and can't seem to get anything above 960MHz. The highest thing I have picked up were some studio to transmitter links (STL) used by the local radio stations around 949 MHz and 950 MHz.

I know there is not much up in the higher frequencies to listen to but, was curious what anybody else was hearing. I'm always looking for new stuff to listen to.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I have had mine for several years and have not heard much above 950MHz. I am like you, always looking for new stuff, too.

tazz

You would think there would be something up there to listen to. Wi-Fi signals, satellites, even microwave ovens are found up there.

That was one of the reasons I bought the IC-R20 in the first place. To have extended band coverage in the microwave bands.

dahere

IC-R20 sells on Amazon for about 700$.
Is it really worth that much to "poke around" above 950 MHz ?, not to mention the time.
Just asking, I'm new to the amateur side.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.