The New IC-R8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6XPA

The new R8600 is specificed to be able to receive P25 Phase I Radio signals. As well all know, There is P25 Phase II as well that exists. Does anyone know if Phase I is all that is needed to receive LAPD signals?

Thank you.

osros

Feed Provider
The new R8600 is specificed to be able to receive P25 Phase I Radio signals. As well all know, There is P25 Phase II as well that exists. Does anyone know if Phase I is all that is needed to receive LAPD signals?

Thank you.

Differences of P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 | Tait Radio Academy

I think the last paragraph would be of most interest to you if the LAPD uses turnked systems. Im new to this myself so research. I would think a device that costs this much would just be capable of both but maybe not needed or common. Maybe a future firmware upgrade?

prcguy

The R-8600 currently works great for LAPD and I've not heard any near future plans for them to go Phase II.
prcguy

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.