Icom R8600 Remote Control UDP Port 50002

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Has anyone been able to determine how to control the Icom R8600 via it's UDP network port of 50002?

I'd like to write my own utility to do so without having to invest in the Icom branded software.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I looked at it a little bit. The CI-V control port is just a piece of the whole. You also need to log in to the radio with a user and password on another port for it to pay attention to the CI-V port. It is really designed for remote base operation and eliminates the need for the RS-BA1 program.

73 Eric

va3ncd

glad I've finally found someone else interested in this...

I'm trying to figure out another Icom radio for the same thing, the 7610 trx,
and I believe the way to communicate with the radio would be quite similar in this case, if not plain identical.

I've tried to ask Icom for some information, but since their initial reply, redirecting me to someone who would possibly know the answers, I've never heard back from them.

In the 7610 case, there are three UDP ports involved: 50001 - Control Port, 50002 - Serial Port, 50003 - Audio streaming port.

The audio format is supposedly the LPCM, and in the IC-7610 case, I believe the way they handle the fact there are two receivers in that radio, is encoding the two audio streams as stereo (two channels...)

On the radio side, in the network configuration, you can set up to two network access accounts, which
would be what you need to authenticate with, in order to even have the radio attention, trying to i.e. open the stream and listen to the 50003 port.

Telnet, port 23, appears to be active, but all my attempts so far, logging in with authentication, using the account I've configured on the radio, have failed. I can plain anonymous log in to the radio's telnet,
but done it that way, I have no access to no commands what-so-ever, or even to listing the commands available in that mode, if any. It responds on the port 23, with " Welcome to IC-7610!", then the dialogue prompt follows: "IC-7610 #", and that's how far I've gone so far. I've had the radio since last Wednesday, though, and no time to play until this Saturday.
I'd be happy to be able to figure out the authentication part, as at that point I believe it would be possible to try seeing if I can open the 50003 for listening, and if any stream comes down, before I even start thinking of buffering it and doing anything further with it. And of course the CI-V commands.
Worst case, it would still be possible to use the rsba1 software and while using it watch the traffic on those ports, figure out how it's actually done the talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.