Ic-v8000

Status
Not open for further replies.

atif

I Need Help in Ic-v8000

Hello,

I want to configure the IC-V8000 TRX to act as a VHF modem, that
is to input our data into the mic inlet. Please correct our path

- What is the "DATA IN" pin in the Mic-connector at the front panel do? And what types of data are allowed?

- If the mic inlet is used, with the PTT shortened, to receive a modem output, what is the limits?

- In both cases how to recover data at RX side, is it as easy as connecting the speaker outlet to the RX?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

jonny290

The "Data in" is a misnomer - do not send digital signals down this, send a modem output (audio)

Most mic inputs are happy with about 50mV of signal, most line outputs (what sound card packet uses) are around 1v. going to need an attenuator.

speaker out will work, just adjust the radio volume. "audio out" line is better b/c has fixed volume independent of volume knob, may want to play with that instead. All lines available at the front panel 8pin modular, check the manual for pinout.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I did the same thing with a IC2100H. I used a box called Signalink. It connects to the radio via microphone conector and the box has audio inputs and outputs. When it detects audio, it keys the tranmitter to send it. Really cool device with lots of uses ;-)

atif said:
Hello,

I want to configure the IC-V8000 TRX to act as a VHF modem, that
is to input our data into the mic inlet. Please correct our path

- What is the "DATA IN" pin in the Mic-connector at the front panel do? And what types of data are allowed?

- If the mic inlet is used, with the PTT shortened, to receive a modem output, what is the limits?

- In both cases how to recover data at RX side, is it as easy as connecting the speaker outlet to the RX?

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.