RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Idaho Radio Discussion Forum

Idaho Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Idaho.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 AM

Exclamation anyone in boise

hey anyone in boise that can help me program my p25 handheld scanner please i would appriciate it
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2012, 3:30 PM

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of people that belong to this forum. Idaho is a pretty boring place. I would be more than happy to help you out but I'm in Athol. Maybe you can describe the problem and I can help through the forum.
Old 03-07-2012, 3:44 PM

Question

I am new to the digital trunking p 25 I live in Ada county and having a problem programming my scanner to where the radio transmissions is not all garboled
Old 03-07-2012, 9:13 PM
Idaho DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough View Post
I am new to the digital trunking p 25 I live in Ada county and having a problem programming my scanner to where the radio transmissions is not all garboled
If you have a GRE or a Radio Shack scanner, the transmissions that are garbled are probably encrypted and can't be received. Look at the database Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
If the mode for the TG is listed as E, then it is encrypted. As you will notice most of the Boise area Law Enforcement TGs are encrypted.

Dave
DPD 700-1000 MHz LP Antenna
TinLee Diplexer

Old 03-08-2012, 4:14 PM

Default Encrypted

Yup, Looks like the only thing your gonna get in Ada County is the Fire dept. and some air transmissions. Looks like the police dispatch is digital but the rest is encrypted. Your out of luck if you want to listen to the cops in Ada county. It's funny because Ada county is as boring as Athol Idaho. Wonder why they are encrypted. Must of had alot of extra money to spend on the system, or there was one hell of a good radio systems salesman in town that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewenk View Post
If you have a GRE or a Radio Shack scanner, the transmissions that are garbled are probably encrypted and can't be received. Look at the database Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
If the mode for the TG is listed as E, then it is encrypted. As you will notice most of the Boise area Law Enforcement TGs are encrypted.

Dave
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2012, 4:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Idaho State Patrol is in the 460 Mhz band and at times they busy. I lived there until last year, EMS and Fire have they moments as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 4:42 PM

I think the reason why we no longer can hear Ada County Sheriff and Boise City Police is because new Ada County simulcast sites listed below. I think the provider of the feed doesn't have the scanner configured properly, otherwise the news media wouldn't be able to hear the radio traffic. There is no encryped main radio channels refering to (Ch 11 and Ch 1) for dispatching police, only for car-to-car-dispatch. And to be honest, the radio traffic on the Sheriff's channel is fairly busy as well as the city channel. We aren't L.A. by any means, but there is still pursuits and hot calls that are dispatched.

Ada county has a pending FCC application to add three additional simulcast sites located at
FAA
BOISE, ID ADA County

STAR SUBSTATION
10769 W STATE ST
STAR, ID ADA County

ADA COURTHOUSE
200 W FRONT ST
BOISE, ID ADA County

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmikesj View Post
Yup, Looks like the only thing your gonna get in Ada County is the Fire dept. and some air transmissions. Looks like the police dispatch is digital but the rest is encrypted. Your out of luck if you want to listen to the cops in Ada county. It's funny because Ada county is as boring as Athol Idaho. Wonder why they are encrypted. Must of had alot of extra money to spend on the system, or there was one hell of a good radio systems salesman in town that day.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Idaho DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coy911 View Post
I think the reason why we no longer can hear Ada County Sheriff and Boise City Police is because new Ada County simulcast sites listed below. I think the provider of the feed doesn't have the scanner configured properly, otherwise the news media wouldn't be able to hear the radio traffic.
Ada county has a pending FCC application to add three additional simulcast located at
FAA
BOISE, ID ADA County

STAR SUBSTATION
10769 W STATE ST
STAR, ID ADA County

ADA COURTHOUSE
200 W FRONT ST
BOISE, ID ADA County
Ada county is a simulcast system where all sites transmit the same thing essentially simultaneously on the same frequency. Each site is licensed for all 18 system frequencies. And since it is a trunked system, any of those 18 frequencies, except the control channel, can be used as selected by the system controller. Multiple transmissions can occur at the same time on different frequencies and transmitted over all sites at essentially the same time.

These three new sites when operational will transmit the same thing as all the other sites. I don't think these new sites have anything to do with your problems hearing the feed.

If you think the feed provider has his scanner configured incorrectly, perhaps you should contact him directly about your concerns. Ada County Sheriff Dispatch Live Scanner Audio Feed
I gather you can't receive the Ada County system without using the audio feed?
DPD 700-1000 MHz LP Antenna
TinLee Diplexer

Old 03-11-2012, 8:58 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sorry for the feed problems guys, I've been really busy and haven't checked on it in a while. The sound card went dead -- nothing a reboot couldn't fix, but unfortunately I didn't realize it needed it until today.

Please email me or file a problem report if there are any problems, my email is kevin.bentley@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kevin
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2012, 3:00 AM

Thanks Kevin!
Old 09-17-2012, 5:34 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough View Post
You never did reply. What scanner are you using?