Ada County Looking At Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
According to Mission Critical magazine ...

The project manager for the Ada County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Communications Bureau indicated: “The State of Idaho is in need of consulting services to develop an NPSPAC repack plan, and the current NPSPAC Region 12 plan requires updating. Under an agreement with the State, Ada County will lead the effort to update the NPSPAC Region 12 plan, with assistance from Federal Engineering.

The consulting firm will conduct research to provide the basis for the 800 MHz repack plan and the Region 12 plan update. The plan will create co-channel/adjacent channel relationships, assign new 12.5-kilohertz spacing allocations and provide supporting data and memoranda for plan update submissions.

Idaho County Selects Federal Engineering for NPSPAC Region 12 Plan Update

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
800 MHz shouldn't even be USED in low density and rural areas. Whomever got them on an 800 MHz system in the first place sold them a bill of goods.

No big cities? VHF or UHF at the highest is all that should be used. 800 MHz is suited for the concrete jungle.

But we know that the salesman will try to sell what makes the most money, while the engineer tries to recommend what makes the most sense. Since the engineer doesn't make the sales pitch, guess wh the customer listens to?

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
As long as 700mhz is set aside just for them, they should have to demonstrate that they've made the most of it before they can get any more VHF/UHF/800 channels.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
Does this mean that Ada County will be moving to its own Trunked system? Or that those of us with Phase I scanners will lose ability to listen in? possibly going to TDMA?

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
Guess I better hold on to my HP2

Was going to return my new HP 2 but maybe best to hold off i.e. Phase 2 but previous post is correct salesman have that gift

I saw it in Anchorage in the early 90's when the FD was considering 800 MHz over the old working great VHF system he won.. And the troubles began and covered may years of failed technology but newer systems have less bugs.

Unfortuntily as most know it's likely our fun hobby for the past 70 years of listening to PS comms or more is fading out with new technology unless scanner manufacturers intovate and adapt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.