Decatur Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Heard today that Decatur Amb was dumping Cleartalk and going with a 400 mHz digitial system. Anybody know what? Are they upgrading the old 400 mHz system they had?

zman9119

They are supposedly upgrading their old 400 system to digital. Not quite sure yet what exactly they are going to do or when it will be in service yet (heard really soon though). They have *promised*, as I was told, a “direct, individual channel besides their dispatch channel for communications directly to the county fire agencies and Decatur fire.” The original plan was for them to patch a MABAS fireground channel to their new system and just have the county departments switch to that if they needed to talk to a unit; obviously they can’t do that without really pissing MABAS off (no research on DASs’ part I guess).

With all the changes in the county for radio systems upcoming\ongoing, (STARCOM for all city agencies, MSO, etc., county fire adding a PL (and hopefully finding out who or what is causing the random key ups, and now the DAS change). A lot of people are getting really confused and wondering why can’t everyone be on one system \ split.

.z.

dasport5

DAS did research this and asked the Macon County Fire Agencies what channel they would like us to set up for them. The MABAS region 46 group requested that DAS use the channel that we are installing. We would not just pick a channel of our choosing without permission.

dasport5

As to why so many systems, the city is going with STARCOM, but the county fire depts. cannot use that system as it does not allow for pagers to be used. So, since the city is on one system and the county on another, DAS is trying to be able to communicate with both. The reason DAS isn't going with STARCOM is that it is just too expensive to buy. DAS has explained this to all agencies involved, and is trying to come up with a system that will not change how the individual departments use their radios, and will not require any dept. to carry multiple radios just to talk to them. Having interoperability is great, but the only realistic way to have a single system is to have a system that can perform all the functions that each agency needs at a price that all can afford. DAS is just trying to work with the agencies to have the best communications possible under the current circumstances.

KB9LIQ

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They are no longer on cleartalk. They now have a MotoTRBO system so unless you have a trbo radio programmed with the correct info you will not be able to monitor them any more No scanner will pick them up

cubn

Database Admin
I changed the ClearTalk talkgroups to depreciated.

Is there any usage of 462.975 131.8 anymore? If not, I'll mark that frequency as depreciated as well.

cristisphoto

They are no longer on cleartalk. They now have a MotoTRBO system so unless you have a trbo radio programmed with the correct info you will not be able to monitor them any more No scanner will pick them up
:roll:
Figures.
Well they get the call the same time as The Fire Dept. does Soooo
It don't matter.
and theres other rural ambulance and then Ambulance to hospital comms
More ways than one to tune in...
What were they trying to prove?!
Mucha GRacias for the info.
Crista

cristisphoto

I changed the ClearTalk talkgroups to depreciated.

Is there any usage of 462.975 131.8 anymore? If not, I'll mark that frequency as depreciated as well.

No Ill keep Monitoring that freq with that pl
As its new to me as well...
Monitor the fire as as they dispatch at the SAME time, give or take a few nanoseconds to seconds LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.