BCD396T (Firmware 3.02.02)/ARC396 (3.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitbob3

WTH?-Neither will sync now since update to new software. I also got the new download for the PL-2303 & that isn't helping either. ARC396 will not update when you click on check for update. I tried to revert back to the previous version, but, that did not work (ARC 3.0.6). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

:confused:

Last edited:

nitbob3

Follow-Up

The same problem is now occurring on my BCD996T(Firmware 3.02.00)/ARC996 (3.1.1) as well. I have contacted Butel & Uniden about the issues.

:mad:

cubn

Database Admin
By sync do you mean you can't get it to acknowledge that your BCD396T is connected? If so, I'm having that same problem in Arc396 V3.1.001 Basic. AutoDetect cannot find which port the radio is connected to as it used to in past versions.

Arc246 3.1 build 001 is able to read and upload files to the 246 but no luck with the 396's current Butel software.

nitbob3

Yep

Cubn, you are right/correct. Neither BCDT/ARC 396/996 will sync with each other.

:evil:

nitbob3

Uniden Response

Our Solution :
Thank you for using our system.

We have no information concerning potential issues when using third party software such as ARC396.

The ARC software you refer to is not made or supported by Uniden Corporation. Please consult with the software developer for assistance with that product.

P.S. Butel is on vacation until Saturday, August 15th, 2009.

:(

Last edited:

nitbob3

Arc396/bcd396t

WTH?-Neither will sync now since update to new software. I also got the new download for the PL-2303 & that isn't helping either. ARC396 will not update when you click on check for update. I tried to revert back to the previous version, but, that did not work (ARC 3.0.6). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Hi, There is a problem in version 3.1 with the serial communication, please update to version 3.2: Downloads . I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also you must install this driver: Uniden USB Cable The latest prolific driver has an issue with ARC and the USB1. Kind regards, Gommert Buysen Butel Software

If you leave the ARC396 Software Program at all, it automatically shuts down with an error about not to minimize/maximize. Also, the ARC996 and BCD996T do not sync together either with 3.1.

Don't use the min/max buttons. I will remove them from the next build.
ARC996 should work fine with 3.1 and we got no other problem reports, double check the com and baudrate settings.

You do not have to use the minimize/maximize buttons at all. If you leave the ARC Software Program before you are finished tweaking/saving files/folders, it will shut down on you. This occurs when you have the WebService up/open. Also, with these new builds, the Qkey under groups does not automatically show up like it use too. You manually have to input it in. Fix yourself. I will try again on my BCD996T, but, it did not work the other day. I have never changed the settings, but, it would not work with build 3.1 when I upgraded/updated to the newest software.

Status
Not open for further replies.