Springfield Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Springfield Police Department seems to be going back and fourth between there Analog System and Starcom 21 Digital System. But lately they have been on the Citys Analog System wich they call it System-B for Backup

timmer

Yes, I have noticed. I was just going to get on here and ask if anyone knew why they are on the old system so often, lol. They are on it again today, and have been for several days. Sang county and state are still on starcom, and have been. So its obviously just a springfield pd thing.

cubn

Database Admin
Curious if they actually are switching radios or if they have both systems in their new radios. I was there Saturday and fire was on the old system while PD was on Starcom21.

As of today they are still on analog. Just FYI alot of officers didnt like the digital radios so they might be switching back over to analog and patch it over to Starcom 21 as they did last week.

timmer

ah, ic. Well I have noticed some probs with the digital system. For one thing, it seems that during high usage, or during an incident when there are several officers talking at once, there is ALOT of garble and dispatch asking for people to "repeat" and "several cars at once" type of thing going on. It has to be frustrating at the least, and possibly life threatening at the worst case scenario.

scannerbum

Crap!

That is what Springfield Officers have told me. They where not sure about tower issues so much as portable issues. Moto told them they need to upgrade their portables for god knows how much and they would not have as many problems. Also where told water on the shoulder mics renders them useless.

timmer

Well, the city appears to be broke, (and I think they are) so who knows how long it will take to get them upgraded. There are probably alot of them that have gotten wet here lately, with thunderstorms and floods going on darn near every day. The day of the great flood, dispatch kept telling them to shake the water out of their mikes, they were unreadable.

timmer

Ok, where did they go? I have been listening for over an hour and a half, and no spfld. pd. They are not on starcom, nor are they on the old analog system. I can hear the county and state perfectly fine. Where'd they go?

timmer

Apparently, I dont have the right contol channels programmed in, or too many. What control channels should i have programmed in? Any help is appreciated greatly

timmer

Im still not getting all the city traffic, not even close. Just an occasional transmission. Not sure what the deal is. Im getting sangamon county and state just fine as always. Im not sure what the deal is. Has anyone else noticed this?

timmer

Im getting NO city pd transmissions whatsoever this morning, I hear the county and state, and city fire on the analog system, thats it. Big accident at veterans and washington, no city pd transmissions at all. Just fire dept. Could they be using a 700 mhz control freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.