470.4625 Park Forest / SouthCom

Status
Not open for further replies.

scapegoati30

I notice recently that park forest dispatch has gone off line. Now they report to South Comm. What happen to Park Forest?? Any insight

PhilJSmith67

According to an October 2 article in the local Star newspaper: "Park Forest has been proceeding with its conversion to SouthCom and is scheduled for operation cutover this week.

SouthCom, the Southern Combined Dispatch and Communication System, is an emergency services network that also serves Matteson, Richton Park and Olympia Fields."

I assume the first place to listen is 470.7625, which is used by those three other communities. That frequency is listed as Cook County Suburb Telecom Network #2 in some sources including Police Call.

Not that it's of any use to a scanner listener, but Matteson and Richton Park also use 470.6125 for their mobile data terminals. The article doesn't mention if Park Forest is adding any MDTs.

A Village of PF article mentioned that the new system is capable of providing PF police and fire with cellphone GPS info for 911 calls. Try Googling "park-forest southcom" for more info.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I live in Joliet,IL, i hear Park Forest fine here on 470.7625, however, your correct i have not copyied any PD calls on this freqy this week??. On 470.4625 you printed i hear Oak Lawn PD. Have you tried CARMA board??

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing Park Forest on 470.7625 PL127.3, had the wrong PL with the freqy, dispatching as SouthCom......

PhilJSmith67

I also heard Park Forest calls dispatched via Southcom on 470.7625. I didn't catch their car numbers as opposed to the other towns; I know that Matteson units begin with "L" (Lincoln).

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
The SouthCom Dispatch Center in Matteson, IL, is now dispatching on the Cook County Sheriff's Police Departments trunk radio system. The system is encrypted, so anyone who has been monitoring them in the past will not be able to hear them. Southcom dispatches for: Matteson PD, Olympia Fields PD, Park Forest PD and Richton Park PD.

cubn

Database Admin
The SouthCom Dispatch Center in Matteson, IL, is now dispatching on the Cook County Sheriff's Police Departments trunk radio system. The system is encrypted, so anyone who has been monitoring them in the past will not be able to hear them.

Are you referring to Starcom21 or the old Sheriff's TRS?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I believe Cook Co joined Starcom a while back but using there OWN towers and they are "ENC"....They seem to be bringing on line there Cook Co towns that were on UHF....Bad deal for us!!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.