McLean Co IDOT Moving over to SC21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrradio2

Kilo 9 Echo Mike Alpha WQOC 375
Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago my frriend from the local Motorola shop said they were working on installing SC21 radios into the Local IDOT trucks here in Mclean County, there were doing the install to the Leroy Trucks. Not sure when they are going to start in the Bloomington - Normal area. My Question is have anyone locally heard any of there talk groups thanks. Andy

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I wonder if this is a statewide initiative to move IDOT over to Starcom21...

cubn

Database Admin
If anyone has Pro96com capabilities, run it on the Leroy site and see if any new talkgroup affiliations appear or new radio id sequence is affiliating with that tower.

If IDOT does start rolling out Starcom21, it should be easy to ID the talkgroups as the base currently id's by the yard name on the 47 MHz channels.

PeoriaOEM

Feed Provider
It does appear IDOT is starting to transition over to SC21. There has been communication taking place several times on the Peoria area towers. I believe the Talk Group I've heard is IDOT Zonewide 2 (4484). I'll confirm next time I see it.

MikeyC

I would assume they would pop up on the existing IDoT talkgroups. Up in IDoT Dist 2 only a few of the supervisor-types got SC21 radios with the trucks/yards remaining on low band.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Here in the Chicago area on the TWays i hear them on SCOM calling troopers on TG9067=DCGO-Car-Car....Here in Will Co there still using 151.07 and Grundy -Yorkville yard 47.10,47.20....

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A few weeks ago my frriend from the local Motorola shop said they were working on installing SC21 radios into the Local IDOT trucks here in Mclean County, there were doing the install to the Leroy Trucks. Not sure when they are going to start in the Bloomington - Normal area. My Question is have anyone locally heard any of there talk groups thanks. Andy

Andy this is interesting news, keep us informed if you hear what talkgroups they might use?
I haven't heard any IDOT traffic on the wildcard but I'll post it if I do.

n9zas

mrradio2

Kilo 9 Echo Mike Alpha WQOC 375
Premium Subscriber
SC 21 IDOT McLean County

Update i spoke to my friend from the local Motorola shop and he advised only the far out IDOT units will be using SC21 to talk to Bloomington Storage and the Bloomington - Normal units will still be on there low band system and no plans on moving over to SC21 at this time. So will need to listen to both systems and was not able to get any talkgroup information for the Leroy units. thanks Andy

officerdave

Retired LEO
at last StarCom 21 user meeting, guy from IDOT was there and he stated..."we are transitioning all IDOT to StarCom" no timeline given but I would suspect low band only
areas will go first.

Status
Not open for further replies.