RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Illinois Radio Discussion Forum

Illinois Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Illinois.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:57 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Incident Paging Services?

I was wondering if anyone knows about any incident paging services for Illinois or the Midwest?
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013, 2:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

IPN does the whole US. Here is a link and they are featured on Radio Reference Live Feed pages.

:: IPN :: General Information FAQ
Old 01-15-2013, 4:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

USEMERGALERTS is another group that does nationwide incident paging. They are free compared to IPN. USEmergAlerts Incident Notification Service
Old 01-15-2013, 5:03 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Alertpage Inc

Alertpage Inc. provides Public Safety Incident Information as the incident happens. We supply News Media, Schools, Institutions, Companies, County Officials, as well as the general public with fast real-time Incident Information via Mobile SMS & Email 24 Hours a day 7 Days a week. For more information see our Services area.

Last edited by W8RMH; 01-15-2013 at 5:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2013, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifn2 View Post
USEMERGALERTS is another group that does nationwide incident paging. They are free compared to IPN. USEmergAlerts Incident Notification Service
The majority of their alerts are copied from Twitter users and other paging services.
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2013, 2:32 PM

Try Home Code 3 Incident Page. A Premiere news notification service supported by volunteers who monitor active emergency incidents using Fire/Police Scanners & Online Emergency Service Feeds.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:50 PM

I've used IPN (:: IPN :: Nationwide Fire & Police Incident Notification) since 9/11 and love it and I seem to have descent coverage around Chicagoland.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

1st Responder wireless news network is nationwide leader. 1st Responder Wireless News Breaking News Alert Delivery
Old 01-19-2013, 8:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs up

Also use IPN and love it
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter89 View Post
The majority of their alerts are copied from Twitter users and other paging services.
It's funny that you say that. I've been with Alert Page, IPN, and 1RWN, and ALL those services take info from Twitter like it's cute, as well as steal each other groups pages. All The Admins are subscribers on each others CAD's and take their info without crediting. Dispatchers take and page info from twitter without crediting the person who first tweeted it.

At Least UEA is respectful enough to Actually add the Co-Credit to the person on twitter who they got the info from giving them credit for the incident details, and just like the admins on 1rwn, ipn, alertpage, and ia1, they tell their dispatchers if you get the info from twitter, facebook, or another group. confirm it, reword and page it.

so the paid services STEAL other peoples info without a thankyou to the people who they got it from.

Don't BASH what ya don't know.

I have sean My Twitter Alerts go over IPN with the Same Address I put, and I sometimes change the address slightly Same with 1rwn, IA1, and Alert Page. So I Know for a fact that they send out my alerts. I'll change the cross streets. Instead of 34th st & 2nd Ave. I'll put 2nd ave & e 34th st. and they will page it just like that just slightly reword my text. STEALERS!!! The Paid services just want to make money off of the people who do this as a hobby. GREAT!
Old 06-20-2013, 1:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS63c11 View Post
It's funny that you say that. I've been with Alert Page, IPN, and 1RWN, and ALL those services take info from Twitter like it's cute, as well as steal each other groups pages. All The Admins are subscribers on each others CAD's and take their info without crediting. Dispatchers take and page info from twitter without crediting the person who first tweeted it.

At Least UEA is respectful enough to Actually add the Co-Credit to the person on twitter who they got the info from giving them credit for the incident details, and just like the admins on 1rwn, ipn, alertpage, and ia1, they tell their dispatchers if you get the info from twitter, facebook, or another group. confirm it, reword and page it.

so the paid services STEAL other peoples info without a thankyou to the people who they got it from.

Don't BASH what ya don't know.

I have sean My Twitter Alerts go over IPN with the Same Address I put, and I sometimes change the address slightly Same with 1rwn, IA1, and Alert Page. So I Know for a fact that they send out my alerts. I'll change the cross streets. Instead of 34th st & 2nd Ave. I'll put 2nd ave & e 34th st. and they will page it just like that just slightly reword my text. STEALERS!!! The Paid services just want to make money off of the people who do this as a hobby. GREAT!
I have to take issue with your characterizing Alertpage this way. I am a dispatch supervisor there and I can tell you that at $20 PER YEAR for unlimited alerts from unlimited states and counties that fee barely covers the overhead of hardware (including scanners since we run broadcastify feeds in MD and OH at multiple locations), software, servers, etc. No one at Alertpage is getting rich. It is owned by a full time career fire captain from Ohio.

We have a STRICT, ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding using information from twitter or ANY unofficial source including alerts sent by other services. If a dispatcher does it they are gone. Only personally confirmed incidents and details (direct radio traffic, direct communication with public safety professionals at the scene, etc.) are allowed. If EVER you see what you believe is a "stolen" and reproduced item I encourage you to contact us via our website and let us know.

I am an unpaid participant at Alertpage. I have no substantive dog in this hunt and no financial interest. I am simply aware of what goes on behind the scenes there, and it is a quality service run by a man of integrity who won't stand for any of the nonsense described.

Like you said..."Don't bash what ya don't know".

"AP18"
Old 06-20-2013, 1:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Also for a look at what Alerpage sends out go toFire Fighter Close Calls.com

The top frame is real time for our major incidents (2+ alarm fires, MCIs, etc.) nation wide. The lower frame is on a 2 hour delay and contains all of the Fire pages we send out. No EMS/PD/Traffic or Weather is listed however.
Old 06-22-2013, 5:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I can confirm everything that gregsto has stated. I have paged for Alertpage.com for two years. I only page what I actually hear on my scanners or the live feeds here on Broadcastify. I do not even look at twitter or the other services because of their inaccuracies. I previously paged for IPN and US Emergalerts and was told that my pages were boring and I needed to "make-up" more information. I resigned immediately. I also post accurate alerts on my Broadcastify feed when I hear, and confirm, an incident. I (we) take accuracy and integrity very seriously. Yes there may be some similarities, but the information has to first be confirmed via scanner, live feeds or archive communications.

Last edited by W8RMH; 06-22-2013 at 5:33 AM..
Old 09-10-2013, 5:17 PM

Whoever uses IPN right now, they are discriminating against people with physical and visual disabilities. Message me if you want more details.

KI6YIL
Old 09-10-2013, 5:47 PM

Breaking News Network has coverage in the Midwest, and as their own tag line says: Get a tool, not a toy!

Breaking News Network

Old 09-10-2013, 6:04 PM

Talked to them already. They are not the right place for me. For more details on this whole story please see the rant forum. IPN discriminating against people with physical and visiul disabilities

KI6YIL
Old 09-10-2013, 6:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: Incident Paging Services?

In Michigan, a lot of us utilize a closed group on Facebook, for relaying information on emergency events. It covers the whole state; obviously the more populated areas get more coverage.

Tags
incident, notification, paging