RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Illinois Radio Discussion Forum

Illinois Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Illinois.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 8:44 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KampingAnthony1AolCo View Post
When are cops go digital there won't be any introbility between other agencies because they are not in digital.The only county in digital is Knox county.Tazewell County has there EDACS system.The rest are UHF analog.
I just thought they can inter connect if they had the Harris Unity XG-100P. That's if East Peoria,Peoria Heights,and Galesburg had the same radios.
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2014, 2:56 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

How would you program a pro-96 for the system? Could someone help me out please.

Thank you
Old 06-13-2014, 5:50 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Testing

I have been hearing testing going on the system and on the UHF freqs.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default #Talkgroups

I catched 552,319 testing today.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM

I've heard those too. I've also caught numerous other TGs testing. There was some analog patches active of and on as well. I haven't been able to figure out which TG belongs to whom yet.

Keep me posted....
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2014, 1:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraziebill View Post
I've heard those too. I've also caught numerous other TGs testing. There was some analog patches active of and on as well. I haven't been able to figure out which TG belongs to whom yet.

Keep me posted....
I also heard them on analog singing saying 5. Heard "Testing 5,4,3,2,1" with distpatch on county fire.
Old 06-21-2014, 1:10 PM
IL/MO/MI Database Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Update on P25 Going online

Police scanners will soon go quiet - News - Journal Star - Peoria, IL

Police scanners will soon go quiet
Test continue before switch to a multimillion-dollar public safety digital radio system emailprint 1
By Matt Buedel of the Journal Star
Posted Jun. 20, 2014 @ 10:26 pm

PEORIA — Police scanner listeners may have heard the harbinger of a new digital radio system over the current analog network this week.
Tests conducted over conventional channels will continue into next week as the Peoria County Emergency Telephone System Board (ETSB) fine tunes a multimillion-dollar digital radio system expected to go live around Labor Day.
“This is the biggest change in public safety radio communications in 35 to 40 years,” said Peoria City/County 911 Dispatch Director David Tuttle.

The new digital system will operate at different frequencies using talk groups that shuffle communications over a spectrum of airwaves, rather than remaining on a single channel. The system allows far more flexibility for emergency responders, but also will require the latest and most expensive scanners for citizens to listen.

“I believe there’s going to be thousands of people who are going to be surprised in 90 days or so when their scanners go quiet,” Tuttle said.

While the ETSB is configuring the system to be able to communicate with the currently used channels, many will be abandoned after Peoria County emergency response agencies transition to the new network.

The ETSB will test the system for a full 30 days with Harris Corp., which built the infrastructure, before committing to it and activating agencies throughout the county.

“As long as the 30-day burn-in goes well and we accept the system, we’ll start switching people over, probably near the end of August,” Tuttle said. “You want to find the issues now before you turn the system over to public safety operations.”
Matt Buedel can be reached at 686-3154 or mbuedel@pjstar.com. Follow him on Twitter @JournoBuedel.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Cool Control Channels

Apperently any of the freqs can be used as a control channel. I would program all the freqs in one zone.
Old 08-06-2014, 9:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Control Channel

Yes, any channel may be used as the control channel. The system will change the control channel for various reasons, such as interference.

Old 08-11-2014, 7:26 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Does anybody else hear a buzzing sound on 853.2375. I cant fiqure out what it is. When I scan the system no talkgroups pop up for it.
Old 08-15-2014, 4:39 PM

I thought when the ISP went to Starcom 21 the system was listed in the Radio Reference database before they cut over. I haven't seen anything show up for Peoria as yet. Does anyone know why?
Old 08-15-2014, 9:52 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec5 View Post
I thought when the ISP went to Starcom 21 the system was listed in the Radio Reference database before they cut over. I haven't seen anything show up for Peoria as yet. Does anyone know why?
The system is in the database. This is the link:Peoria County Illinois ETSB (P25) Trunking System, Peoria, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies. HTH.
Old 08-16-2014, 9:46 AM

Thanks. I missed that as I was also looking for the Police Talk Groups. I saw the test groups however.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:12 AM

Last I heard the talk groups hadn't been finalized yet. According to the last news article, they were expecting to start moving groups to the new system around labor day, so the next few weeks should start to get more active.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:15 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec5 View Post
Thanks. I missed that as I was also looking for the Police Talk Groups. I saw the test groups however.
Your welcome. There has not been any police talkgroups submitted yet. Just been System Tech talkgroups.
Sponsored links
Old 08-19-2014, 5:23 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Our police dispatcher said that they are getting new radios today.
Old 08-19-2014, 8:58 PM

When you say "Our" are you referring to Peoria City, Heights, Chillicothe, Bartonville, etc since they all have their own dispatchers, I was just curious.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2014, 9:11 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Smile Peoria,IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraziebill View Post
When you say "Our" are you referring to Peoria City, Heights, Chillicothe, Bartonville, etc since they all have their own dispatchers, I was just curious.

Thanks
Sorry I forgot to put the agency. It was Peoria City.
Old 09-05-2014, 7:51 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Thumbs up Past Labor Day And Still No Cut Over

Labor Day has passed and gone and the City Of Peoria is still analog. I dont think it will happen. I know someone will proberly say the talkgroups are not done yet. The police supposed of gone digital back in the 1980s and never did. I think they are staying analog.
Old 09-05-2014, 8:12 PM

The person was quoted saying "around Labor Day" and they are not going to move everyone all at once. If you've been listening to the system the past couple weeks, there's been some activity on a lot of different talkgroups.