Central IL GMRS repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I wanted to know if anybody can give me a list of gmrs repeaters in central IL. When you give me it could you provide the tones please. Thank you.

Anthony Lee

Last edited:

ecps92

GMRS Repeaters are not individually licensed anymore.

Unless posted to GMRS.org or another web site, you need to be patient and monitor 24/7/365 and take notes

Hello I wanted to know if anybody can give me a list of gmrs repeaters in central IL. When you give me it could you provide the tones please. Thank you.

Anthony Lee

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Anthony Lee

There were two I'm aware of which I could hit from bloomington, one was on .700 and the other on .725 and one of those was in peoria I think.
The .725 was mostly farmers with no call signs noted.

n9zas

stevelton

Most GMRS repeaters in these rural areas are going to probably be private owned for a small family or friend group use, therefore they would not want anyone knowing its there so unauthorized persons dont go around kerchucking it. If youre not part of that group, you may not have any business knowing the frequencies, tones, or locations of those repeaters.
Steven

gewecke

Banned
Most GMRS repeaters in these rural areas are going to probably be private owned for a small family or friend group use, therefore they would not want anyone knowing its there so unauthorized persons dont go around kerchucking it. If youre not part of that group, you may not have any business knowing the frequencies, tones, or locations of those repeaters.
Steven

True,but they give up their info as soon as they transmit because someone is always listening.

n9zas

Thanks for your reply. I think there is a repeater on 462.600 but I don't know the tone. I think there is also a repeater on 462.675 but I don't know the tone on that either.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Set it for tone decode and sit on the frequencies and find the tones.

gewecke

Banned
Thanks for your reply. I think there is a repeater on 462.600 but I don't know the tone. I think there is also a repeater on 462.675 but I don't know the tone on that either.

Back in the early 90's many of the react teams adopted the pl of 141.3 as the travel channel on .675 so you might check that one, but of course it could be anything including dpl, or even a split tone if want to stay a closed system.

n9zas

Astro25

A split tone means a different PL/DPL on the input and output.

Example:

462.725 PL 100.0
467.725 DPL 165

Many GMRS repeaters are set up this way to keep "bubble pack" FRS/GMRS radios out, and to make it harder for unauthorized parties to access the system.

462.700 Unknown tone?

Today I got another repeater on 462.700 unknown tone with MDC1200 signaling on it and I don't know the tone or where the repeater is. If someone could help me out please. Also isn't MDC1200 illegal on GMRS.

gewecke

Banned
Today I got another repeater on 462.700 unknown tone with MDC1200 signaling on it and I don't know the tone or where the repeater is. If someone could help me out please. Also isn't MDC1200 illegal on GMRS.

I remember that one as being a pl of 127.3 and the mdc option was legal the last I knew, but I could be wrong.
Occasionally I would hear digital on that freq which is not.

n9zas

GMRS repeaters?

All the repeaters we mention on this fourm I have not heard on my radio for a long time. Are repeaters still allowed on the GMRS?

Thank you
Anthony Lee

gewecke

Banned
All the repeaters we mention on this fourm I have not heard on my radio for a long time. Are repeaters still allowed on the GMRS?

Thank you
Anthony Lee

They are still allowed but could be dormant for any number of reasons. Try scanning them with tone search on as they may have changed tones.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.