RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Illinois Radio Discussion Forum

Illinois Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Illinois.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 7:47 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Caterpillar East Peoria Mot II system

I believe this system is no longer a Type II and instead is now a TRBO Capacity Plus system.
Caterpillar Corporation (East Peoria) Trunking System, East Peoria, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies
Sponsored links
Old 06-23-2014, 8:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubn View Post
I believe this system is no longer a Type II and instead is now a TRBO Capacity Plus system.
Caterpillar Corporation (East Peoria) Trunking System, East Peoria, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies
I have heard TRBO signals from this system. Cant decode it.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:05 PM

Caterpillar Mossville is also using TRBO now, and have been for around a year or so at least.
Old 06-25-2014, 3:45 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Caterpillar freqs

Sorry but I dont understand what a TRBO CAPACITY PLUS SYSTEM is. I dont even know if it matters to
me. I have entered the Caterpillar Frequencies into my scanner using the Mossville site only. Hoping to hear Mossville 40 radio traffic. I assume they share frequencies with East Peoria.
BC350C, BC350C, BC95XLT, BCD996XLT
Old 06-25-2014, 4:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwade View Post
Sorry but I dont understand what a TRBO CAPACITY PLUS SYSTEM is. I dont even know if it matters to
me. I have entered the Caterpillar Frequencies into my scanner using the Mossville site only. Hoping to hear Mossville 40 radio traffic. I assume they share frequencies with East Peoria.
The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything just programming it. All you hear is a machine gun noise. And a dongale. You can get on Motorolas site to find what that system is. Here is a link to the site:Motorola Solutions Homepage - Motorola Solutions USA. HTH.
Sponsored links
Old 06-25-2014, 5:18 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Does Mossville and East Peoria have separate systems or use the same TRBO system?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anthony,
you said. "The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything". I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner & use ARCXTPRO software to program my scanner.
with the ARC program I have never had to do anything beyond download from Radio Reference. Are you sure about your response?
Old 06-26-2014, 9:53 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Quote:
Anthony,
you said. "The only way to hear it is to use DSD or DSD+ to decode it. Otherwise you wont hear anything". I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner & use ARCXTPRO software to program my scanner.
with the ARC program I have never had to do anything beyond download from Radio Reference. Are you sure about your response?
Yes I am sure. That is the only way to monitor it. I have never worked with the software you have.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Anthony,
If the system is TRBO your scanner is unable to decode the signals. In fact no scanner currently on the market can decode these signals. What Anthony is referring to is a program you can use along with a discriminator tap to decode these signals. I do not know if the program plus tap will work with this system because I have never used it and am not that familiar with it.

Simply putting the frequencies in from the database does not work with this system because of the type of transmission. If you want more information on using a discriminator tap you can do a search of the forums for more information.

In short you will not be able to monitor Caterpillar.
Sponsored links
Old 06-27-2014, 1:59 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default thank you

Gentlemen, thank you for your info. I learned something tonight.