Ed Shwartz-Cows running amuck in Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laertes1958

To all,

I remember a time with my mom listening to Eddie Shwartz on WGN and were laughing at the police dispatcher handling calls all night involving an accident that released cows onto the streets of Chicago. Does anyone have a copy of that broadcasts or the scanner audio. I would love to hear it again. Thank you very much.

Myles-laertes1958

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Schwartz Cows running amuck in Chicago?

I was an Ed-head for a long time while in College in the late 70s and early 80s. Listening to Eddie and Larry Shriner *aka Doctor Doom* covering some overnight disaster or incident was always interesting. I had two scanners with me at College and WGN on the AM radio going most nights after studying. I'd try the WGN site for archives of old broadcasts and also check Youtube doing a search for Eddie or those search words like "dispatcher, cows, chicago. I found a few stories about it just by using Google search. Back before Late night hosts Steve and Johnnie retired to Florida they alerted many old listeners that Eddie needed help financially due to health reasons. Eddie was the kind of guy who gave of himself to others even to his financial detriment. He'd help anyone no matter what. He's gone now and was one of those fun voices many of us grew up with in Illinois and Chicago-land. Eddie was a great friend of Police/Fire/Ambulance workers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.