Tone Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hi. I hate coming here and asking others to do my work for me. I have been looking for 4 hours now at U-Tube, RR, and others..can someone tell me the Tone Out codes for the Palatine Fire Department?

If this is readily available info at RR, then I surely missed it !

All I want to do is to be able to relax at night, watch TV, and have the scanner quiet until Palatine Fire gets a call. Is this possible?

I've been experimenting in putting the tone out system into standby, but even U-Tube is not clear enough for me.

Also, is it possible to obtain the PL codes when a fire department gets toned out? For example, when any Fire Department gets a tone out, is it possible to glean this tone out info from the scanner?

I do thank you. Greg

PS: Are any of you radio experts in the Palatine Area looking for a new best friend? I pay well.:):)

greggk

Premium Subscriber
There's programs available and apps for smart phones to give you the frequencies when you hear the tone out. Here's one such program: TwoToneFinder | TwoToneDetect. You'll have to plug your scanner into a computer for it to work.

Thank you. Wow..who knew? I'm glad you did. I read over the entire instructions and it looks like something I could handle.

That web page you sent me to also has quite a bit of other interesting "stuff."

Thanks again!

Greg

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Palatine doesn't use a two tone system anymore, it's all automated now via CADVoice with the rest of Northwest Central. There's no way I'm aware of to only have it activate for one department since every agency uses the same alert tone sequence (which doesn't actually do anything other than alert responders audibly that there's a call) aside from an official FD radio.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Awesome. Just one question. If they all use the same alert tone, then wouldn't every fire department be alerted when only one department has a call?

Really, I am not being a smart a**. I appreciate your help. Just trying to figure out the alert system here and how it works.

Thanks again.

Greg

N9JIG

Sheriff
Thanks Awesome. Just one question. If they all use the same alert tone, then wouldn't every fire department be alerted when only one department has a call?

Really, I am not being a smart a**. I appreciate your help. Just trying to figure out the alert system here and how it works.

Thanks again.

Greg

The tones you hear on the trunked system are just there to provide a sound the crews recognize and will perk up to. The actual selective calling is done with in-station alerting thru the CAD system and data links.

There is probably a backup alerting system that uses two-tone in place, it has been a while since I listened to them. If this exists it is likely on 154.235.

Status
Not open for further replies.