Black helo used by Com Ed ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone know what frequencies the line survey crews are using now from Commonwealth Edison? They're in my county today using a black helo, unknown what the tail numbers are yet. Thanks! 73, n9zas

jpm

Does anyone know what frequencies the line survey crews are using now from Commonwealth Edison? They're in my county today using a black helo, unknown what the tail numbers are yet. Thanks! 73, n9zas

Com Eds p25 trunked system is secured LMAO.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Does COMED owns, leases or rents their Helicopters. I remember years ago when we had one land at Quad Cities NPS. They had to remove a couple of parking lot pole lights for clearance for the landing zone.

gewecke

Banned
Com Eds p25 trunked system is secured LMAO.

Obviously. I wasn't referring to their trunked network, but their simplex uhf frequencies used for limb removal or line surveys. I've copied them before but failed to migrate those channels over to my current radio from one which I no longer own. 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
Comed uses contracted companies for line work that requires helicopter work.
The tail numbers on two different helos are registered to Com Ed. One is the black unmarked helo, the other is red &white with Com Ed's logo. 73, n9zas

gewecke

Banned
I'm told they did their survey, now they're gone. Com Ed has become more mysterious with their transition to encryption. How I miss the days of 153mhz. :( 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.