IVRD - Illinois Valley Regional Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
No ENC. Im not sure what you mean by what will happen to the area? They have put in a third console at Peru PD and that is where the dispatch center will be for the time being since the money was froze to build the new Center on the IVCC ground.

Its a big cluster im told so at first the dispatchers will have to float around from center to center I.E. one day in Peru, then Mendota, Spring Valley since nothing is really complete

Araxen

What I mean by what happens to the area is are they going all digital then?

Regardless I'm glad there is no encryption involved.

nick223

Feed Provider
Doesn't sound like they will go digital. Maybe down the road they might but it sounds like they are having a heck of a time trying to get everything in order to meet the deadline.

nick223

Feed Provider
Sounds like their will be 2 channels 1 police and 1 fire

Fire/ems paging for the departments sounding like it will be on the Peru paging channel 154.76250
and im assuming the department will use their own channel on the fireground or switch to mabas channel.

Im not sure on the police side

Still getting bites and pieces

nick223

Feed Provider
Yes, September 1st

Also hear Utica will do as they are now with Oglesby.
Being paged by IVRD then take over their own dispatch at Utica station.

Not sure why they pay all that money to just have a center page them and do nothing else.

The Peru paging frequency will still be the fire/EMS page out freq for all depts.

MikeyC

Yes, September 1st

Not sure why they pay all that money to just have a center page them and do nothing else.

The Peru paging frequency will still be the fire/EMS page out freq for all depts.

Utica typically staffs a dispatcher at the station (1200 is the identifier) only for longer / bigger incidents. For routine calls they use the Oglesby dispatcher (which will now be IVRD).

A couple of months ago I heard the Peru dispatcher testing the Utica tone-out on their frequency. The signal is marginal here in the downtown area so I hope they're either adding that channel to the tower Utica uses here or they're going to continue toning them out on 151.2050.

nick223

Feed Provider
They will basically do the same as they do now. This came from the chief.

Yeah paging Utica was horrible it wouldn't set their pagers off inside their station. I guess there is a repeater in Lasalle that isn't used they will be using. But the Chiefs didn't really want too but that's their only hope for it to work

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yes, September 1st

This actually used to be quite common. In the Chicago suburbs several FD's would have a FF handle operations after 9-1-1 handled the original call.

The pluses include having a guy who knows the response area and methods. The minuses include reduction of manpower available at the scene and perhaps a higher total cost.

nick223

Feed Provider
Sounds like Utica, Oglesby, Lasalle and of course Peru will be going live sept 1. The rest of the departments to follow late in the month of sept early October.

nick223

Feed Provider
I'm not able to access the article on my PC.

Can someone please give me the information of which departments are involved?

Here or email starcom21@radioreference.com

Thanks

Oglesby FD/PD
Utica FD
Peru FD/PD
LaSalle FD/PD
Spring Valley FD and i believe PD
Mendota FD/PD
and assuming Troy Grove
Earlville FD/PD
Leland FD haven't heard anything on PD

i believe that is it

The new Dispatch call Sign is ValComm

nick223

Feed Provider
IVRD Update

ValCom will be going live "Phase 1" Sept 1 at midnight for these departments
Peru
LaSalle
Oglesby
Utica
Sounds like valCom (dispatching)will only be used Monday-Friday 10p-6a and weekends for the time being for Utica not sure if this includes the other depts or not

MikeyC

IVRD Update

ValCom will be going live "Phase 1" Sept 1 at midnight for these departments
Peru
LaSalle
Oglesby
Utica
Sounds like valCom (dispatching)will only be used Monday-Friday 10p-6a and weekends for the time being for Utica not sure if this includes the other depts or not

Do you know if Oglesby will continue to dispatch Utica during the days or ?

There was a story the other day about the dispatch center "growing" with Utica, Earlville, Leland and Spring Valley coming on board. I guess we just assumed them since their current dispatch centers are going there :)

Dispatch center grows ahead of Sept. 1 start date - LaSalle News Tribune - LaSalle, IL

nick223

Feed Provider
they are doing 3 phases. 1 is midnight sept 1 utica oglesby lasalle peru. Phase 2 will be the valley November ish and phase 3 is mendota not til about may.

nick223

Feed Provider
And phase 1 and i think 2 will be the IVRD from 10p-6a monday-friday and weekends. Everything else youll be having the seprate dispatch centers
And after every page they'll say 101 clear or valcom clear so u know who to answer too

MikeyC

Haven't heard Utica FD at all yet and missed the 8am pager test but everyone else "sounds the same" - all of the PDs on still on their existing channels and the dispatch voices sound the same :)

I have been hearing some test pages over the past few days for Oglesby FD on the PD channel (155.7825 D445) so I wonder if they're moving there since it's repeatered?

Status
Not open for further replies.