Road Trip Programming for a 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
I would like to take a road trip across Illinois and use a 396xt to monitor StarCom21.

I do not want to use any type of gps programming.

I do not want to create multiple sites or systems in the scanner.

I would like to create one system and enter the states 107 control frequencies into one site.

Will this work while traveling across the state?

If not does anyone have any recommendations how to program the 396xt for such a task.

Thanks....

Delta33

ALL the starcom21 Control channels for Each site would have to be entered in one list, Not to mention frequencies for Each county you would cross.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you can do that on the 396XT. I couldn't set up one system like that with the 396T. To do what you want to do in the 396T, I searched the Tower sites along my route down I-55 from Chicago to St. Louis and created one system for each county I went through. I then entered in the ISP, County Police, Town police, fire and EMS talk groups I felt would most interest me. I set the radio to search rather than scan just the talkgroups I wanted to play anything that may pop up besides what I selected. Obviously, I am no expert at this but it worked well for me.

MikeyC

I think the problem you're going to have is while the scanner is scanning through all 107 sites (or however many sites it takes to add all of the unique control / alt-control frequencies - I think you're limited to a max number per "site") you're going to miss a lot of transmissions

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I created two searches, one 769.00-774.00 , then 851.00-860.00 and traveled to Springfield from Chicago and as i went down and up I55 was really neat stopping on different towers and shows tower #'s and hearing different districts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.