RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Illinois Radio Discussion Forum

Illinois Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Illinois.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Sheriff
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default LAST CARMA Meeting!

Come One, Come All! The October 27th, 2018 Meeting will be the LAST regular CARMA meeting! Let's give it a proper sendoff!

After almost 40 years CARMA and RCMA meetings have run their course. Let us remember the good times like all the great handouts, discussions and presentations as well as some of the personalities (Good, bad and weird) of the last several decades of meetings. It has been a great run but the time has passed and we have decided to move on.

We will meet at Steven's Restaurant at 11:00 AM on Saturday, October 27th 2018 one more time. We will reminisce about the past, including our meeting locations like Phillies, the Destiny, Renaissance Nancini's and others, remember those who have passed before us and once again deliver great conversation fellowship.

CARMA will live on with the mailing list, Facebook page and occasional events to be announced here and there.

Please join us!

Facts are facts but my opinions are my own and may not reflect those of whom I work for.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2018, 4:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was never was able to attend a meeting when I lived in Illinois but you guys were the best! The information CARMA had amassed and made available online was invaluable to a nerdy 16 year old kid with a scanner and a 28k dial up connection.

var radioList = new List<Radio>();
Old 10-11-2018, 4:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

CARMA's pages provided me with a lot of good info for my Chicago fire buffing trips in the early 2000s. Without it I would have been in the dark. Although I am in Massachusetts, I would like to thank the group for their work. I know it will live on, but it is sad to see this part of the group to come to an end.

Administrator: Firepics-THE Place for fire photographers
Old 10-12-2018, 7:01 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I concur with my fellow traveler, with multiple trips per/year to Lisle/Bollingbrook, CARMA and many friends made thru CARMA it has helped and I hope my info [searches etc] have helps.

I always had hope that one of my trips would conincide with a CARMA meeting, but it never occured. Keep up the great REGIONAL info being shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citywide173 View Post
CARMA's pages provided me with a lot of good info for my Chicago fire buffing trips in the early 2000s. Without it I would have been in the dark. Although I am in Massachusetts, I would like to thank the group for their work. I know it will live on, but it is sad to see this part of the group to come to an end.