What info are you trying to identify in Champaign-Urbana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubn

Database Admin
Please share what you are currently trying to identify--maybe some of us will have some insight or can be an extra set of ears for you.

Here are the things I'm trying to identify about scanning in Champaign County:

Is the Beverly Cinemas frequency in fact 464.550 (67.0) as CloseCall found?
What frequency is the Lincoln Square Mall UHF radios?
Does the Federal Courthouse have a radio frequency for their security staff?
Does Home Depot use 467.7625 DCS065 as they do in other cities or do they use radios at all?
Does Menards use 154.570 (179.9) as they do in other cities or do they use radios at all?
Does Insight (now Comcast) use radios?
Does Abercrombie and Fitch use radios at the mall?
Do the Champaign High Schools use portable radios for their staff/maintenance operations?
Wireless microphone freq for Memorial Stadium -- I know it's a long shot but I'm curious
Does the Assembly Hall use any other radio freqs/systems other than 464.525 and 463.350 - ex. Telex?
Who uses 464.525 (94.8)?
Has anyone determined channel usages for the various PL tones on Krannert Center's 452.850 or other radio info for them?
Who at the U of I uses 453.600 (110.9) or 453.600 (136.5)?

METCAD related:
-what's code 404 (ex. code 404 in beat 18)

If you can answer any of these, great...I appreciate it.

illini52

cubn said:
Do the Champaign High Schools use portable radios for their staff/maintenance operations?
Last year, I think I caught one of the high schools using 154.57 (if not, it was another one of the MURS/biz freqs) I think it was Uni High.

thomasyu

I am fairly sure that both of the Champaign High School's have UHF simplex radios but I do not know the freq's. I think code 404 might be contract time or rural community patrol. That's about all I can come up with right now.

cubn

Database Admin
Champaign area schools

Thanks guys.

I heard 461.8875 (114.8) when I was at a Centennial football game in 2005. It wasn't clear if this was Centennial or Jefferson Middle School that I heard.

For Urbana High School, I've heard 451.400 DCS023 but nothing on 456.400.

Interesting about Uni High--I'll see if I hear something on there.

cubn

Database Admin
Update 2/15/08

Home Depot confirmed:
Home Depot is confirmed to be using 467.7625 DCS065 (their nationwide common freq/tone). I also heard 467.7625 (DCS731) near I74/Prospect but I don't know who that user is.

Federal Courthouse:
Searched Radioreference for some Federal Courthouse freqs used in other cities and found 162.7875, 170.750, and 415.200. I've ran CloseCall numerous times while at Lincoln Square Mall but haven't picked up anything in the federal bands. Haven't heard anything from the courthouse, but I'm still working on it.

cubn

Database Admin
Beverly Cinema freq confirmed

cubn said:
Is the Beverly Cinemas frequency in fact 464.550 (67.0) as CloseCall found?
Confirmed tonight that the above freq is correct.

NEW QUESTION:
*I've seen Motorola CLS radios on the store employees at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Anybody caught their freq?

cubn

Database Admin
U of I Alumni Association freqs

Anybody around the campus that can verify the tones licensed to the U of I Alumni Association on:

I was at Lincoln and Green searching on my scanner and saw 456.5875 flash on the screen but it was too quick to note the tone but I think it was a DPL.

bob_leach_3

RE: D-10 Patrols

I saw on the forum archives that some said for ISP District Ten, Pesotum, Zone 1 is Macon, Piatt, Shelby, and Moultrie Counties, Zone 2 is Champaign, Douglas, and Coles Counties, and Zone 3 is Vermilion and Edgar Counties. I have no idea which routes they mean when they say "2-I, 2-I-4" on the patrol assignments along with those zones. If anyone knows, that'd be something good to post here. One can assume those last two represent I-72 and I-57 patrols but not sure which ones.

cubn

Database Admin
Twice in Rantoul I've heard 150.5875 DCS023 (frequency may be approximate) mentioning Lieutenants, etc. which I'm guessing is a freq used by Lincoln's Challenge since it is in the government allocation band. I didn't hear it enough to determine if it is repeated but based on the strength of the signal I'm guessing that it is. Anyone in the Rantoul area that can verify if this is the correct freq and what the input freq is (if there is one)?

Confirmed: The tone for Alumni Services 456.5875 is DPL051

cubn

Database Admin
Highdive Security

I saw a security guy for Highdive bar had a small radio (possibly even FRS/GRMS) and a secret service style earbud in his ear. I'm guessing they are on FRS or an itinerant VHF/UHF frequency.

cubn

Database Admin
County Market - 4th and Springfield (Champaign)

I was at the County Market at 4th St and Springfield today and I saw one of the store workers was carrying a Kenwood portable radio. Curious, I came home and looked for an FCC license.

NIEMANN FOODS, INC
WQJX362
Notes: Grocery Store
[simplex freqs]

If anyone can confirm their tone(s) it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll bring my scanner in next time I shop there to try to verify.

cubn

Database Admin
TIS Bookstore

TIS Bookstore on 6th St has Motorola SP10 UHF radios. Don’t know what frequency they’re on. I'd scan the UHF itinerant freqs to find them.

cubn

Database Admin
456.800 94.8

Heard 456.800 94.8 constant carrier with talk of curtains closing during a performance. Heard around downtown Champaign, possibly from The Virginia Theater. Nothing heard on 451.800. Active 6/10/10 and 6/11/10.

990adv

Getting back into the hobby.

I find as my interest in Ham radio has increased I am once again becoming more interested in scanning. Looking to buy a Home Patrol when they are released.

What are you guys listening to mostly in the Champaign/Urbana area? Since I do not have digital yet I listen to the Live Audio on this site. Also listen to fire page out on 154.25 and Carle security on 464.8. What else is interesting? This is what I am currently working on.

Carle and Provena (I work at Carle)
Pro and Arrow ambulance
GMRS FRS MURS
ISPERN IREACH
Frasca and Willard
Federal courthouse
County courthouse
Ham repeaters (of course I talk on those)

Status
Not open for further replies.