State Police Dispatch Centers to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

ScanNEIN, Thanks for posting the video clip from WTHI TV CBS 10 in Terre Haute.I had a friend of our family who was a dispatcher over at Dist 32 for years and now he is now out on the road. Does anyone know how this will effect Indianapolis Dist 52, Dist 51, Dist 53 Putnamville along with Dist 14 Lafayette and Dist 13 Lowell post.?

DiGiTaLD

My guess would be they'll probably keep the same groups, as no one mentioned anything about districts changing. On SAFE-T, if you really wanted to, you could dispatch every trooper in the state from the IGC downtown, and it wouldn't make a difference, so long as the T1 circuits stay up...

Viper43

This makes me wonder if this is why suddenly I am hearing Dist 41 off other towers such as Anderson, Pendleton and Greenfield.

If they really want to save money they should close Pendleton and move those troopers to 52, heck, 51 rarely has anyone on the road anyway.

V

djbrane

This makes me wonder if this is why suddenly I am hearing Dist 41 off other towers such as Anderson, Pendleton and Greenfield.

If they really want to save money they should close Pendleton and move those troopers to 52, heck, 51 rarely has anyone on the road anyway.

V

This answer might be better suited for the SAFE-T Forums. Since those towers are in counties adjacent to District 41 you actually should be able to hear Connersville on the Pendleton, Anderson and Greenfield towers. That is, if a radio affiliates with those sites while on a District 41 talkgroup.

KC9MGL

If some one gets acsess to a list of the ones they will be closing,would you please pass that along to us.Thanx.And Thanks ScanNEIN for the info.

odontia32m

DNR already does this around here. I here them all around the other counties talking to a central HQ. Where are they all dispatched from?

jerk

DNR already does this around here. I here them all around the other counties talking to a central HQ. Where are they all dispatched from?

Dist 8 is at Lake Patoka, South Region is at Bloomington.
Fire Headquarters is at Martinsville. At one time they almost moved Dist 8 Hdq to Salem.
Fire is still on VHF around here last I heard.

usswood

I kinda new something was up...last month..Vigo Central Dispatch moved there secondary 911 transfer calls to the ISUPD Dispatch Center...said something that the State was getting too many mobile 911 calls in order to handle Vigo's overflow calls, but that ISUPD didn't receive as many (campus of 10k students, yeah right). This will guarantee that Indiana State University Police will keep there dispatch Center as Vigo County will be down to only 2 when the SP close theres

W9NES

The Isp 911Man question.What dist's will be merged into Dist 52?.What will happen to Dist 53 Putnamville and Dist 51. What about Dist 14 Lafayette Post? Member of my family Dispatched at Dist 13 Lowell and Dist 52 Indianapolis.

theisp911man

Haven't heard 'officially', however I think that if you look at a map of the state police districts and their areas, the dispatch centers are configured to the tune of one regional center per area, SO, with that being said, I think probably Indy will be dispatching for Area 5 (Pendleton, Indy, and Putnamville districts)...

jerk

I kinda new something was up...last month..Vigo Central Dispatch moved there secondary 911 transfer calls to the ISUPD Dispatch Center...said something that the State was getting too many mobile 911 calls in order to handle Vigo's overflow calls, but that ISUPD didn't receive as many (campus of 10k students, yeah right). This will guarantee that Indiana State University Police will keep there dispatch Center as Vigo County will be down to only 2 when the SP close theres

Two dispatchers centers per "area" is the requirements of a new law passed, it says no more than two PSAP's per County, but it makes sense for the State as well.

Viper43

District 41 dispatch and cars had'nt been on these towers before, except a single car or two on rare occasions, and then very rarely, but now I've been hearing the dispatch as well as cars. Even heard then dispatch a call to a car in Richmond and then later in the evening a car in Wayne county was telling Connersville they were going to assist Richmond. That kind of thing doesn't normally come through on the towers I was talking about.

V

This answer might be better suited for the SAFE-T Forums. Since those towers are in counties adjacent to District 41 you actually should be able to hear Connersville on the Pendleton, Anderson and Greenfield towers. That is, if a radio affiliates with those sites while on a District 41 talkgroup.

GTO_04

North Region is dispatched from Mississinewa. That is where DNR CO's assigned to Hamilton County call in 10-41 and 10-42. When they call in for boat registration information it is normally handled there also. At least some calls for service are handled by the Hamilton County dispatch. You will often hear them on the Hamilton County system.

GTO_04

W9NES

GTO 04 is right on the one.Now [Mississinewa] is now called(North Region) and [Paynetown] is now called (South Region) This is how DNR had their system set up before the name change.

djl998

Update from a news story. There will be six ISP dispatch centers, located at Lowell, Fort Wayne, Toll Road, Bloomington, Indianapolis, and Versailles.

W9NES

This is old news.Was first repotred here on Radio Refernce.com and a video on the story that aired was on WTHI TV CBS 10 in Terre Haute.Terre Haute Post Dist 32 communications being mergered into Bloomington Dist 33.

Last edited:

powerlineman

ISP Dispatch

For your reading enjoyment

Attachments

• ISP Regional Dispatch.pdf
    47.4 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.