Crawfordsville Indiana police scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

I am looking for a direct audio link for streaming audio from Crawsfordville,Mongomery County,The link I have been using through shout cast in no longer able for me to listen on.I am aware of N9WP'S link but I need a link that is just covering Crawfordsville/Montgomery County.I live on the NW side of Indianapolis and need to listen to live audio from the scanner for that area west of Indianapolis where my scanner cannot hear.If anyone can provide a direct link that would be great.Thanks for your help. Best Requards, Tim DeLong W9NES Indianpolis.

N9WP

K9YK's scanner seems to be back on-line now. That's the only feed that I'm aware of for the Montgomery county area. He usually has the entire SAFET site along with some Danville Illinois frequencies in his feed. I sometimes carry the fire dispatches for Montgomery county and Crawfordsville but the rest of the trunk systems there are real weak from my location and that's why I don't have them in my feed.

Montgomery County Live Feed

I started a live feed last week (11/1/09) that can be accessed through radio reference and various I-Phone apps. I have Crawfordsville Fire, County Fire, HAM and other Talkgroups. I hope to raise some money to add the city and county police but you know those scanners are 500 bucks!. Well I hope 5 years isn't too late on your post... Happy Listening!!

KD4YGG

Database Admin
CSX Frequencies for Crawfordsville...

160.2900 CSX Dispatcher - North of Crawfordsville
160.5600 CSX Dispatcher - Southeast of Crawfordsville

161.3700 CSX Road - North of Crawfordsville
160.8000 CSX Road - Southeast of Crawfordsville

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Those CSX frequencies are correct to the best of my knowledge.

Don't forget that CSX refers to Crawfordsville as "Ames". This is in reference to the interlocking station where the former Peoria & Eastern line from Indianapolis to Danville, Illinois, crossed the former Monon line from Lafayette to Bloomington. The former Pennsylvania line from Frankfort to Terre Haute also crossed at Ames, but it has been gone for a long time.

Trains through Crawfordsville include:

CSX Q642 (northbound) and Q643 (southbound) which are Indianapolis-Chicago trains
Amtrak P051 (north) and P050 (south) on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
Amtrak P317 (north) and P318 (south) on days that P050/051 don't run
CSX J726 Indianapolis to Lafayette local
CSX J727 Indianapolis to Crawfordsville local, also works Nucor

There is also a CSX local (J7xx) that works Lafayette to Crawfordsville and sometimes on down to Cloverdale. And there is a Norfolk Southern local (Zxxx) that comes out of Lafayette to work Nucor. You will also hear grain trains in the area. Some of them work the big elevator or the ethanol plant at Linden.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
For those with a Crawfordsville map handy, Ames is near the end of Tuttle Avenue, east of Mill Street. If you look at the satellite view of the area on Google Maps, you can see a train sitting on the siding just west of Ames and a another cut of cars on one of the yard tracks. One of the local business used to unload covered hoppers into trucks back there.

I was back there a few weeks ago for the first time in a couple of years. The old factory north of Ames has been demolished, so things look a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.