Indy 500 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

10point

Anyone have them and willing to share? I know where I can get them but don't really want to pay $20 for a subscription since I only go to one race a year.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your point is? That's a real good place to start. If someone has validated 2009 freqs, please add them

73 Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Best way is to look on the FCC web site and search for the team owner. Many race fan sites or scanner programming services will also have the current information, but the Indy 500 is a special race that has new drivers/teams/owners every year. Expect to pay for it if you don't do your homework however. Last but not least is Google.

Don't forget many of the latest scanners come with the race service search, Close Call, Signal Stalker (I and II).

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I would also look at the wiki article I mentioned earlier for trunked system (Safe-T?) coverage of the event. It's hard to predict any special talkgroups, of course, but at least it's a start

73 Mike

W9NES

Indiana State Police(On SAFE-T-) along with IMPD, Speedway Police and Fire along with IFD will have a lot of talkgroups very active for traffic, etc on( MECA Sys 1 ).GMRS Repeater will be very active with Traffic and I will be helping as I do every year.GMRS Repeater is 462.675.The GMRS Repeater will be very active until the start of the race.Traffic reports, accidents, back-ups, etc.We will be active around 06:00AM on Sunday 5-24-09.

cubn

Database Admin
Some of the info from the wiki page is referencing the talkgroups used last year on the analog MECA system that isn't used anymore. I was thinking of moving the 2008 information to a separate page as a historic reference, but leave the main Indiana Sports wiki page for 2009 confirmations.

Will there be a scanner feed up for this year's Indy 500? I thoroughly enjoyed listening last year as the feed covered the driver freqs, MECA, and SAFE-T. The info for the Indy 500 wiki section came from monitoring the 2008 feed.

N9WP

Will there be a scanner feed up for this year's Indy 500? I thoroughly enjoyed listening last year as the feed covered the driver freqs, MECA, and SAFE-T. The info for the Indy 500 wiki section came from monitoring the 2008 feed.

My scanner feed usually covers the ISP out of Indy and durring the race weeks, I've added in Indy's NW Metro PD and Speedway PD. I'm to far from the track to get the drivers. The link is in my sig. There was someone else that set up a feed last year with the drivers freqs. I'm sure a little search would pull up that thread from last year.

F

firefighter213

Where can you get race freqs ? I'm new at race scanners !

parsissn

Am I correct that most (all?) Indiana PD and EMS are now digital? I have a BC246T (analog) and am trying to sort out what I could scan for the 500 this weekend besides the drivers and track ops. I'd like to listen to PD and EMS but sounds like I may not be able to with my current scanner.

Mark

W9NES

The BC 246 is analog and will not pick up Police, Fire, and EMS in the Indianapolis Metro area this does include Indiana State Police that are on Safe-t.Your 246 will pick up the race teams along with other users at the track but will not pick up Digital for p-25

Status
Not open for further replies.