New TV station on the air in Indianapolis,In

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

If anyone has a Analog tv set setting around you might try ch 47.I found them Tonight Friday 9-11-09 around 8PM .They are showing spanish rock groups live on stage along with commericals in spanish.Call sign is WBXI Tv 47 and is owned by CBS according to the FCC data base..Thought I would share this find with others in our area.They are analog and not digital.Best Requards,Tim DeLong W9NES

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I don't think that's a new station. The license was issued in 2001. The location of the transmitter appears to be the Chase Tower in downtown Indianapolis.

W9NES

Bob, since a lot of tv's are now Digitial a lot of people do not pay attetion to the old analog tv channels.You might want to scan the old tv channels once in awhile and you might see something different.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Bob, since a lot of tv's are now Digitial a lot of people do not pay attetion to the old analog tv channels.You might want to scan the old tv channels once in awhile and you might see something different.

Different maybe, but certainly not new as you stated, which is what Bob was clarifying...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
For complete information about the TV stations viewable at your location, go to:

TV Fool

You can enter just your ZIP code, your complete street address, or your lat/lon. The resulting report will list the TV stations with their callsigns, real and virtual (for digital) channel numbers, network affiliation, projected signal strength at your location, distance, and azimuth to the station. You can filter the list in a number of ways, too. The list is based on current and pending licenses.

Whether or not you can actually receive all of the stations on the list depends on the quality of your receiver and the height and gain of your antenna. From my location in Brownsburg with a Sony KDL40S3000 TV and cheap rabbit ears, I get almost all of the "line of sight" stations on that list. Luckily, most of those stations are less than 15 miles away.

Another list, in a slightly different format and restricted to digital stations, can be found at:

RabbitEars.Info

W9NES

Thank You Bob for sharing this infomation with the others on this fourm.There are channels still being used in Analog mode for TV. Just tune around on the analog portion of the old tv sprectium and you will never know what you will see unless you check it out first.I have been getting Ch 2 and Ch 3 in analog mode by they are out of state and I am using just the antenna on the back of my TV/DTV Sylvania tv that I have in my basement below ground and I am located less than a mile from all the major tv and radio stations transmitter sites.You might check out all the TV stations construction permits and you should see a lot of activity in and around the Metro Indianapolis/Marion County operational area thus resulting in more Dtv Channels along with Analog channels that are going on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.