RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Indiana Radio Discussion Forum

Indiana Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Indiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Hungry Horse & Missoula, Montana. Winters in CA and AZ.
Smile Traveling Thru Indiana - Need Freqs

I will be traveling thru Indiana in a week or two and would like to get most active statewide/local frequencies eastbound from Chicago to Warsw and then north to South Bend via Hiway 31.

I'm not familiar with the counties I will pass through, so if you don't have freqs, I would take a list of counties so I can download from RR.

Using BCD996XT w/ GPS.

Time and effort is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Thats kind of a strange route to go unless your staying in Warsaw. I think your best bet would be to DL the counties from Lake to Whitley and those North of that line, and if you have room a county South too.
This would be a perfect trip for a HomePatrol 1 with the GPS as it would select the counties and systems for you on your trip.

V
Old 09-13-2010, 4:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Hungry Horse & Missoula, Montana. Winters in CA and AZ.

It's an odd route but we have a conversion van and want to look at the new ones at Explorer in Warsaw before we see the rest of the country. With that in mind, would you still draw a line from Lake County / Whitley and add counties north and south of line?

By the way, I forgot the return trip will be along I-70 to Indy and then I-74 toward Covington. I would think Indy might be considered active.

Last edited by Helitac; 09-13-2010 at 4:31 AM..
Old 09-13-2010, 1:43 PM

lol, yeah, you wait a couple more weeks and get a HomePatrol 1 it will be easier, just let it do everything and you can listen with no programming since you already have the GPS. The GPS will do the hard part and it would work really well for a cross country trip too, no programming, just update the database once a week.
Anyway how would you go from Warsaw to Indy? From Warsaw draw a line and include those counties. There is a lot just on SAFET for your trip, but St Joseph Co, Marion Co, Hamilton Co. Howard Co all have their own trunked systems too (I'm sure I missed some too).
You could just DL SAFET in sections and let the 996 and GPS do it's thing. But you would miss all the conventional and local trunked systems as SAFET could fill the 996. I am sure there are users who would let you have files for different areas. I would but I am reworking my 996 files and they wouldn't help you much up North at all.
V

V
Old 09-15-2010, 8:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitac View Post
I will be traveling thru Indiana in a week or two and would like to get most active statewide/local frequencies eastbound from Chicago to Warsw and then north to South Bend via Hiway 31.

I'm not familiar with the counties I will pass through, so if you don't have freqs, I would take a list of counties so I can download from RR.

Using BCD996XT w/ GPS.

Time and effort is greatly appreciated!
Check your PM box. I can e-mail you my freescan files. They should cover just about everything you are looking for.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2010, 2:57 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitac View Post
By the way, I forgot the return trip will be along I-70 to Indy and then I-74 toward Covington. I would think Indy might be considered active.
I 70 and I 74 both run through Indianapolis and parallel each other, I 74 being north of I 70. If you are going to Covington IN you would take I 74 and not I 70 from Indianapolis.

I would Mapquest this if I were you.