Indianapolis scanner frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

markanderson

what is the right frequency for the 800mhz i look on the database public safety system 1 or government system2 iam look for which on is speedway use put in my scanner for brickyard and iny500

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Re:

Mark

Public Safety - System 1 carries all fire, ems, police traffic for the county.
Speedway Fire and Police are on System 1.

Government - System 2 carries all non-public safety communications - highway department, water works, etc.

Perhaps W9NES or some of the locals can provide some additional details.

W9NES

KD4YGG, You are right 100% Police, Fire, and EMS for Metro Indianapolis/Marion County including Speedway Police, Fire and EMS are on MECA System 1. You also have Indiana State Police on the Indianapolis Safe-t tower site.Also Mark, You should be able to hear State Police Indianapolis Dist 52 along with ISP at the Speedway Detail thru the Boone County Safe-t tower site.Just set up your scanner to search and you will find all the talkgroups that you might be able to hear.

K9WG

Mark

I had a similar question when I first got my digital scanner. Something else that helps is MECA talk groups that begin with 1 are on system 1 and those that begin with 2 are on 2. Makes sense when you think about it. If you listen to system 2 you can hear all kinds of exciting things like public works department patching potholes (kidding intended)

73 de K9WG

Viper43

Mark,

For big days at the track you will also want SAFET and the State Police Special operations channels as well as Mutual Aid Channels as the troopers who work the track are all over. Some plain clothes, some in uniform and some are hidden out of view completely. Also the track Yellow Shirt channels are good to have programmed in. All frequencies used at the track are monitored by both the State Police Mobile Command Center and MECA Comm van.
Oh, and don't forget the federal frequencies too! The FBI and US Marshalls have a heavy presence at the track on "Carb" day and race days. It's amazing how many fugitives actually go to big sports events thinking no one will recognize them.

Viper43

Some other channels to watch for are the IN National Guard licensed channels that they use for special events. Guard members working security at the track use those as well as to keep track of military personell at the track. The guard members with radios are easy to spot as as they have a white earphone in one ear and a throat mic (usually hidden from view). ISP monitors the guards channels.

BTW, if anyone goes to KY Speedway the KY National Guard works security at the track and has similar radio setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.