LaPorte County Public Safety Feed Going Silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
The Laporte County Public Safety feed has been a main stay in this community for many years. A great deal of my blood ,sweat and tears have gone into providing this service to a very loyal Group of listeners who have given great feed back and moral support of the feed.
I refuse to offer a service for free to someone who is profiting from it. If they decide they want to start paying the feed providers then I might jump on board but as for now October 15th we will be off line.
I applaud Radio Reference for doing what they have to do and most likely making a little money from the deal, a smart business choice on their part, therefore my business decision is to not let someone profit from my free service that I have put a lot of hard work into.

David Riffel
daveriffel@frontier.com

LaPorte County Public Safety Feed
Center Twp Fire Department #216
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary MS-O
IPN IND018
Fire leads Dispatcher

jasonk

Feed Provider
All Feeds will remain 100% FREE as they currently are ....why would you make this statement ? If you haven't noticed - they have been profiting nicely to date with the current setup. You would have to PAY Money to host the feed with similar features on any other platform ... Good Luck ...

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
free feeds

The feeds are not going to remain free Broadcastify has stated in an email I received they would charge consumers 6.95 a month for the feeds we supply. Thats not free.

frazpo

Continuing to offer database access feed providers is a small price to pay for our service. However if you do the figuring it's apparent that money comes before anything else.

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
I agree a small price to pay but if you read on they are only going to allow it for 60 or 90 days I don't remember which now then your premium services are gone. WHen radio Reference gave us the premium services it was great especially for what they were charging a year. now its limited then nothing. Not worth it to me.

jasonk

Feed Provider
You may want to Read the Announcement instead of all the Negative Replies .....People chose to NOT read it ...... ALL Audio Feeds will Remain 100% Free to Listen to .....they will also still be available on all the Mobile Applications ......the $6.95 per month is for Premium Membership - which will allow some special features ...like no Ads .....Archives Access .....but nobody is required to have Premium Access .....

Feed Providers will have a FREE Premium Subscription - which in itself is well worth hosting a feed .....

I host 5 feeds - so I am a little familiar with the changes ....I am just frustrated by reading all the Bad Information out there ....I hate to see the Online Scanner world lose alot of valuable coverage ....there is no other Platform to Stream your Feed 100% of the time with minimal bandwidth - and 180 day Archive retention .....and get paid $6.95 a month .....Its really a no brainer ...

Hope you read the announcement and re-think your decision ....

Jason

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
I will go through it again , thats not how I read it, nor did alot of other people. There are a ton of people planning to jump ship. If I;m wrong I'm wrong.

reconrider8

its not the fact that its going to be free to provide the feeds or what not i think its mostly people want to keep there free subscription to rr

daveriffel

Premium Subscriber
Well it seems I owe Broadcastify a little apology, to some extent. As I read the changes now I see that they are charging 6.95 a month for premium service which if I keep my feed I will get for no charge, however non paying ppl will have only limited listening capability, meaning that they will only be able to listen for short periods of time and will get booted. and I still have some issue with that, because cut a dried they are still profiting from my feed for almost no compensation. I will have to put some serious thought into weather I want to keep it or not.

frazpo

The problem for me is the fact we will lose database access to program our scanners. That was the perk for Donating our scanners for feeds.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
however non paying ppl will have only limited listening capability, meaning that they will only be able to listen for short periods of time and will get booted. and I still have some issue with that, because cut a dried they are still profiting from my feed for almost no compensation. I will have to put some serious thought into weather I want to keep it or not.

Wrong wrong wrong. They will get logged out if using the web interface every 2 hours. No change in RealPlayer, ScannerLive or iPhone.

JokeInsurance

Wrong wrong wrong. They will get logged out if using the web interface every 2 hours. No change in RealPlayer, ScannerLive or iPhone.

Will non-paying people not be able to view the database on the upcoming website?

After the automatic log out, can they resume listing immediately afterwards?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Will non-paying people not be able to view the database on the upcoming website?
The RadioReference Database is staying at RadioReference. Only the live audio feeds are moving to Broadcastify.com.

Non-subscribers have always been able to view the RadioReference Database. But, you must be a RadioReference subscriber or own a GRE PSR-800 or Uniden HomePatrol-1 in order to download data from the database.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Going to delete my feed also.

The problem for me is the fact we will lose database access to program our scanners. That was the perk for Donating our scanners for feeds.

This was my reason for putting up my feed also. The ability to download to my 396XT. Now I "we" are going to have to subscribe to RR for this ability. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I am getting from this switch over. Being able to still view the database is great however ex feed providers will now have to subscribe for the service. I will keep my feed up until the 90 days are up and as soon as I have to get a paid subscription to RR I will also take my feed offline to the general public. I will host my feed myself on my webpage so I can listen while I travel just like I do now. I hate to say it but to me this really sucks! I will continue to hear my own feed but nobody else is going to be able to hear it but me. I will not advertise it and have it password protected as to save my bandwidth.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
You can still download for free in your free Freescan software by using the copy-n-paste routine. Even after you delete your feed.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
You can still download for free in your free Freescan software by using the copy-n-paste routine. Even after you delete your feed.

Yes Sir, I can and I will. Thanks for the info. Just maybe if anyone at RR reads about how pissed a few thousand of us feel about their thoughts on switching our feeds over to someone else they may kind of grandfather us into a lifetime subscription as long as our feed stays online with this other company. Just a thought if anyone is trolling!!!

egulley612

Banned
assumptions

I wish for one minute that you guys would ASK questions to Lindsey before making assumptions and getting all pissed off over nothing. Now you are ruining everything that RR stands for by killing off your feeds. now that pisses ME off.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Just maybe if anyone at RR reads about how pissed a few thousand of us feel

uhhh, a few thousand? Seriously? A large majority are going to continue. Unsure where you got this number from. As you may remember, when ScanAmerica came over to RR, people predicted they would all leave.

RR is far and away the largest streaming scanner source.

Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.