RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Indiana Radio Discussion Forum

Indiana Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Indiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 8:59 AM

I would say, we shouldnt post about US Marshalls stuff, or FBI. That gives them more of a reason to use encryption. Just my opinion LOVE AND BLESSINGS
Sponsored links
Old 05-05-2013, 1:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9BU View Post
Cary, if you aren't hearing Hendricks County traffic, you may have something set up incorrectly. The 32-HCP-DISP talkgroup has a fair amount of traffic since all law enforcement agencies in Hendricks County are dispatched there. Granted, not as much traffic as Indianapolis/Marion County. From my location on the west side of Brownsburg, I receive the Hendricks Simulcast site very well with my HP-1 and I receive the Boone Simulcast site well enough to get good audio. I'm just using an 800 MHz rubber duck.
Thanks for the reply. Please drop by the feed if you wouldn't mind and have a listen. I think I've got some work to do whether it is reprogramming, antenna tuning, or both. I'm committed to making this feed as good as it can be.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It doesn't look like I can edit the previous post so here's a follow-on. I took my radio south on SR 267 while analyzing the signal, quality, and activity of the SAFE-T system Hendricks County Simulcast system. The signal strength went up only slightly (from about 5 to 6 on the HP-1's scale) and the quality and activity level changes were negligible if at all different.

Whether here or anyplace between here and Avon, I'm seeing lots of activity in the current activity monitor apparently not being copied to audio. Is this normal? Sometimes the radio goes for several minutes without copying anything, then copies a conversation (usually Hendricks County Law Diapatch - 7312) for several comms, then goes silent again, sometimes for several minutes. I also think I have only heard County Fire DIspatch D, never A1 or A2 and I cannot recall copying County Fire Operations A1-A9 or D1-D9 yet.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. The feed is quiet literally 95% of the time.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC9NEF View Post
It doesn't look like I can edit the previous post so here's a follow-on. I took my radio south on SR 267 while analyzing the signal, quality, and activity of the SAFE-T system Hendricks County Simulcast system. The signal strength went up only slightly (from about 5 to 6 on the HP-1's scale) and the quality and activity level changes were negligible if at all different.

Whether here or anyplace between here and Avon, I'm seeing lots of activity in the current activity monitor apparently not being copied to audio. Is this normal? Sometimes the radio goes for several minutes without copying anything, then copies a conversation (usually Hendricks County Law Diapatch - 7312) for several comms, then goes silent again, sometimes for several minutes. I also think I have only heard County Fire DIspatch D, never A1 or A2 and I cannot recall copying County Fire Operations A1-A9 or D1-D9 yet.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. The feed is quiet literally 95% of the time.
I've been frustrated with getting anything from the Hendricks Co. system from my location in NW Marion County. I pick up all Hendricks Co Talkgroups via Boone County or ISP Post towers. There was a short time where I could get Hendricks Co, but that was before rebanding... and yes... i've rebanded my radio.

I've also tried to tune the system on a separate radio with the same results. I manually tune the control channel, turn the squelch down and have 0 or 1 signal strength bar on the meter on my BCD-996XT and T. But, when I go to ID Scan or ID Search... it can't lock to control channel. Based off the state map of towers... it makes me think the closest tower isn't working properly.

As I've said here times before... I can tune Shelby County and Boone County's simulcast system without trouble. Super frustrating.
Old 05-06-2013, 6:38 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

have they switched control channels?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4YGG View Post
have they switched control channels?

Shouldn't matter if they are all programmed, right? I'm copying comms clearly; just not very many. Analyzing the trunked system with my HomePatrol-1 shows near 100% quality of control channel decoding with signal level a steady 5/10.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC9NEF View Post
Shouldn't matter if they are all programmed, right? I'm copying comms clearly; just not very many. Analyzing the trunked system with my HomePatrol-1 shows near 100% quality of control channel decoding with signal level a steady 5/10.
I hope you get your radio problem figured out. I'll tell you this much... when I do hear Hendricks County it's on PD DISP, PD OPS 4, and FIRE DISP. I'm sure I don't have the TG labels correct. I rarely hear any other county TG.
Old 05-07-2013, 5:13 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OK, let's talk about the FD side first. Runs are dispatched on 32-HCF-DISP digital. If it's a small fire run, any further traffic will be on 32-HCF-FIRE analog. If it's an EMS run, including traffic accidents, any further traffic will be on 32-HCF-EMS digital. Since most of the fire and EMS units in the eastern half of the county have MDTs, units usually mark on the run, mark on the scene, and mark in service using their MDTs, so you won't hear a lot of talk. EMS units which transport will talk to Hendricks Regional on 32-HCF-MED digital; if they are going to IU Health West or an Indianapolis hospital, they'll be on IDPS talkgroups. If the run is a major incident (house fire, big traffic accident, etc.), they will be assigned one of the 32-HCF-OPS analog talkgroups.

On the law enforcement side, dispatch traffic is on 32-HCP-DISP. License and registration checks are on 32-HCP-HQ. You'll hear 32-HCP-CC1 and 32-HCP-OPS4 used for chatter and tactical situations. Many of the PDs also have MDTs that they use to get runs and check license/registration so that cuts down on the talk on the radio.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- Joe Walsh WB6ACU
Old 05-07-2013, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9BU View Post
OK, let's talk about the FD side first. Runs are dispatched on 32-HCF-DISP digital. If it's a small fire run, any further traffic will be on 32-HCF-FIRE analog. If it's an EMS run, including traffic accidents, any further traffic will be on 32-HCF-EMS digital. Since most of the fire and EMS units in the eastern half of the county have MDTs, units usually mark on the run, mark on the scene, and mark in service using their MDTs, so you won't hear a lot of talk. EMS units which transport will talk to Hendricks Regional on 32-HCF-MED digital; if they are going to IU Health West or an Indianapolis hospital, they'll be on IDPS talkgroups. If the run is a major incident (house fire, big traffic accident, etc.), they will be assigned one of the 32-HCF-OPS analog talkgroups.

On the law enforcement side, dispatch traffic is on 32-HCP-DISP. License and registration checks are on 32-HCP-HQ. You'll hear 32-HCP-CC1 and 32-HCP-OPS4 used for chatter and tactical situations. Many of the PDs also have MDTs that they use to get runs and check license/registration so that cuts down on the talk on the radio.
Thanks for that!
Sponsored links
Old 05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You should hear Morgan County talkgroups thru the Hendricks County simucast system. You should also hear ISP Dist 33 Bloomington Post. I hear everything just fine after I get west of Marion County on 56Th street going towards Brownsburg. I will be going out to Brownsburg on Thursday 5-9-13. I will be in the area of I-74 and 56Th street on Thursday for a short time.
Old 06-07-2013, 7:58 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Salem Hoosier SAFE-T Site Question

Can someone confirm the Motorola Connect Tone (CT) that is displayed when parked on the Salem site's control channel frequency?

We've updated ALMOST ALL the sites with CT and NAC info on the SAFE-T page.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-08-2013, 7:02 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Pekin Hoosier SAFE-T Site Question

Can someone confirm the Motorola Connect Tone (CT) that is displayed when parked on the Pekin site's control channel frequency?

We've updated ALMOST ALL the sites with CT and NAC info on the SAFE-T page.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2013, 6:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is there an easy way to look up talk groups or ID's,I have Ind SAFE-T on wildcard,alot of I'Ds trying to fig who they are,Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 6:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoody062 View Post
Is there an easy way to look up talk groups or ID's,I have Ind SAFE-T on wildcard,alot of I'Ds trying to fig who they are,Thanks
Go here Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
After the towers, under "System Talkgroups", click on "List all in one table", that will list them by talkgroup instead of by agency.
Old 06-19-2013, 8:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Out of the loop

Hi all,

I have been away from the scanner (and radio in general) for a couple years. I have a PRO-2096 scanner and I used to have it setup to get our local police and such via SafeT - over a year ago. Now I hear nothing. I am thinking that the overhaul that I read about that happened last year would be the reason.

On another subject, I looked into the 800MHz rebanding and I do not see my scanner listed as "expect to fail" - is the 2096 still going to be good when this is all said and done?

I do need to reprogram the SafeT info into it but I might not bother if it will be useless in a short time.

Thanks!

Kevin
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2013, 9:40 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It will work fine. Go ahead and reprogram it.
Old 06-20-2013, 9:30 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

wa9ae, I own (3) Radio Shack Pro-2096 and 1 Radio Shack Pro-96. In order to receive safe-t you will have to use a computer and reband the scanner. If you do not reband the scanner you will not be able to hear safe-t. I thought my Radio shack pro-2096's and the pro-96 would work.They would not until I used the computer and set the program for re banded frequencies.
Old 06-30-2013, 9:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Analog radio rejection

On Trunk88 I see an analog radio rejected trying to affiliate to a digital talkgroup(unknown). Been trying now every second or two for over a week. Is there any reason why a radio should do this. Manual or automatic. RID # 2294
Old 07-01-2013, 8:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Cool

My best guess would be one of the two following theories (based on my experience):
  1. Radio that missed a programming cycle that someone turned on, sitting on a desk basically forgotten / they don't realize it is not affiliated with the displayed TG OR possibly incorrect programming by a vendor.
  2. Someone hacked (or paid someone else to hack) a radio onto the system and doesn't have a clue what they are doing.
Old 07-02-2013, 4:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks aaron, your guess is better then mine. Some time over night it stopped.

Tags