RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Indiana Radio Discussion Forum

Indiana Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Indiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 4:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

To wit:
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 07-09-2018, 8:16 AM

Default Porter co in july?

So here we are in july, i would imagine porter co safe t has been pushed again.
Any new targets?
What sayeth ipsc?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC9LQV View Post
To wit:
thats what it looks like, although you have hex enabled but yep thats what we are seeing.... something has changed in the past few months with the system
Old 07-09-2018, 4:03 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by usswood View Post
thats what it looks like, although you have hex enabled but yep thats what we are seeing.... something has changed in the past few months with the system
The addition of 2 INDOC sites, finishing up on a new standalone down south, adding onto Elkhart.... Finishing work on simulcasts up north.... Yeah, a few changes going on.. And tweaks to this and IDPS.
Old 07-12-2018, 1:54 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocoder View Post
So here we are in july, i would imagine porter co safe t has been pushed again.
Any new targets?
What sayeth ipsc?
Thanks
Last thing we were told was next year sometime...when the 911 center is moved to their new facility.
BCD436HP
Sponsored links
Old 07-12-2018, 2:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by usswood View Post
INDOC Carlisle is showing up on the network now as site 2-081 with a CC of 857.2375 not close enough to get all the numbers...I might take a drive south later this evening to get all of it
Interesting that this showed up as a system 2 site...according to the IPSC site map, should be system 1
BCD436HP
Old 07-12-2018, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauno View Post
Interesting that this showed up as a system 2 site...according to the IPSC site map, should be system 1
IKR...they did the Paxton tower the same way with the old system... I guess it's what they consider the boarder area!?!?! LOL
Old 07-12-2018, 7:08 PM

I regularly listen to the Paxton site and the CC shows site SID 06BDh-0186.

I programmed in the Carlisle Prison (Wabash Valley Correctional Facility) site and as of today I haven’t been able to pickup the CC.
Old 07-12-2018, 7:57 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

On the INDOC sites your not going to get an CC unless your very, very close. They are extremely localized for use at the facilities, and are connected via IP and Microwave links to the rest of the system. So in a sense they are stand alone systems for the facilities, but are fully a part of the SAFE-T system, except that they are extremely restricted user wise. And then there is currently a single conventional site that INDOC has that is programmed into the INDOC radios for that one facility. INDOC has use of the full system for transports, ERT, etc... And have access to IDPS S1. After the first couple of months of pretty much any site carrying any INDOC TG, they locked it down so facility specific TGs are only used on the sites nearest the facility. If there was some type of disaster and the local facility site was knocked out, then they can push the TGs onto surrounding sites. Still very little use of the Eskanazi TGs, but I do see every now and then an IWP or other INDOC TG pop up on IGC North, and D52 sites. And yes it is confusing as to why some INDOC sites get the numbering they get and Zone they get... Like why does an site in Zone 1 have an Zone 2 ID? LOL Heck there is so much space still open on Zone 2 down in the low end its crazy. There is a gap of like over 10 sites there still. Saving them for SOW or SCS?

Last edited by milf; 07-12-2018 at 8:01 PM..
Old 07-13-2018, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
I regularly listen to the Paxton site and the CC shows site SID 06BDh-0186.

I programmed in the Carlisle Prison (Wabash Valley Correctional Facility) site and as of today I haven’t been able to pickup the CC.
I don't think the antenna is up that high either...maybe hundred feet... I have trouble hearing it from Terre Haute, and heck its only what 25 miles South! LOL

On the Paxton site, it is listed as its neighbor... scanning the Carlisle site...it says Paxton is its only neighbor... lol
Old 07-14-2018, 11:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by milf View Post
On the INDOC sites your not going to get an CC unless your very, very close. They are extremely localized for use at the facilities, and are connected via IP and Microwave links to the rest of the system...
If that's the case then I won't be able to confirm when New Castle switches because I live about 10 miles from the facility.
kokomofirefan.com
Old 07-14-2018, 2:47 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

At least so far from monitoring, its very close range on the Plainfield Site, and the IJCF, as I am well within 10 miles for IJCF, and used to pick up the Plainfield Motorola fairly decently from my home. You will know when a new neighbor pops in on the sites in your area, and the CC matches the New Castle freq listing. And at the same time, you will no longer get a Motorola CC any longer.
Old 07-15-2018, 8:36 AM

I have thinking about what you have been reporting about lower power on shorter towers. And wondering about the three Pendleton facilities. Take them off the Pendleton tower onto one or maybe three shorter towers, or just lower on the big tower. Get new frequencies, or divide up what's there. Or make a deal with Madison Co. Or do nothing at all.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoutch View Post
I have thinking about what you have been reporting about lower power on shorter towers. And wondering about the three Pendleton facilities. Take them off the Pendleton tower onto one or maybe three shorter towers, or just lower on the big tower. Get new frequencies, or divide up what's there. Or make a deal with Madison Co. Or do nothing at all.
Cost is prohibitive, but is a good idea. Being an original site right there and Pendleton NOT having any original system at the facilities, makes it cheaper to go with what is in place. They would need to research, build, install equipment, and then reprogram all INDOC radios, as well as all the Zone 1 radios more likely all SAFE-T radios to set up a facility specific site.

And on the go on IDPS, that is maybe feasible if they add IDPS to those radios, and program in the buttload of TGs... Figure out if they get access to S3, or just S1 and S4.... Most likely S1, S3, and S4 as they need to do transports. IWP has still 1 TG, maybe more on IDPS S1, and I found another INDOC one and trying to figure out its use but its not often used....

Tags
ipsc, safe-t